LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Should've left this guy @ QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Check out Matt Jones game. Look familiar?! At that time he was to lanky to be a running QB and not a pure passer. I know he got into drug trouble, but we are just analyzing the value and talent in todays NFL. With Kaepernick's explosion this year what value would you guys put on Jones as a QB in today's league. I would say if he was to come out of the draft this year he would be on a roster as a QB not a WR.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMOHewOeO0
Yes Jim Drukenmiller...
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Yes Jim Drukenmiller...

That's who you compared Jones too?!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
hes probably doing a line a coke off a toilet seat somewhere right now.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

That's a good one! Ha ha
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Garcia:

That's a good one! Ha ha

i love chuckling about other people's misfortune too!
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ I think he got his own local radio segment. I know theres a lot of cool people with out of nowhere comments, but if you look at the way he plays its a desirable style right now. I think the guy is 6 ft. 6in. runs a 4.3, 40 yard dash and has a pretty strong arm. I think a coach like Harbaugh could've done something serious with his skill.
Hopefully he recovers and moves on up to a better life.
If drafted today, he'd go as a QB.

I believe, with the emergence of Kap, more opportunities will open up for that type of QB.
^ I think he got his own local radio segment. I know theres a lot of cool people with out of nowhere comments, but if you look at the way he plays its a desirable style right now. I think the guy is 6 ft. 6in. runs a 4.3, 40 yard dash and has a pretty strong arm. I think a coach like Harbaugh could've done something serious with his skill.

I remember everyone just DROOLING over this guy in the Draft.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogueStout:

I remember everyone just DROOLING over this guy in the Draft.

Heck of an Athlete! .....Drugs Bad!

• Paul
  • Veteran
guy was such a great QB in college, I thought it wasn't the best of moves putting him at wideout.. especially taking him in the first. Had great physical skills, but just made a lot of poor decisions.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Still not sure we are going to see a rush to find the next super athlete to play at QB... Plenty of coaches still want the pure drop back passers
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Still not sure we are going to see a rush to find the next super athlete to play at QB... Plenty of coaches still want the pure drop back passers

We have the PROTOTYPE
I think he'd make a great TE. I remember I wanted the niners to draft him as such.
Share 49ersWebzone