There are 265 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Some people just don't understand the value of some players. I swear people are so simple-minded that they fail to see the full value of players and just look at the surface (game stats).

And some people don't understand that certain players just aren't as good or as valuable as they think.

I swear people are such homers and fanboys that they fail to see that guys like Kyle Williams and Anthony Dixon aren't good enough to contribute on a championship contending team and just try to grasp for straws.
Originally posted by JD81:
And some people don't understand that certain players just aren't as good or as valuable as they think.

I swear people are such homers and fanboys that they fail to see that guys like Kyle Williams and Anthony Dixon aren't good enough to contribute on a championship contending team and just try to grasp for straws.

Anthony Dixon is the greatest flag carrier of ALL time and will probably go to the flag carrying hall of fame, so you're out of your mind dude smh
[ Edited by HoneyBadger49er on Oct 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM ]
it boils down to the fact that we are looking at 5 running backs on the roster next season. Dixon wont be back so it would be nice to get somethign in return if possible. I dont see teams ringing the phone for him though
If they cut him. She-hawks pick him up in a snap.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
If they cut him. She-hawks pick him up in a snap.

good muahahahaah
If they trade him they better get some good value because he's a good player.
Wouldn't take anything less than a 1st rounder.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
If they trade him they better get some good value because he's a good player.

lol
He's a decent back. A lot of teams that don't have one would be willing to deal, im sure
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol what we gonna get for him ? a 7th round pick.

This is a far out idea but, what if Lattimore's knee was doing better than anticipated and there was a small chance he could be activated this season? It's a stupid theory but it's just a thought.
Wouldn't be worth what we would get for him IMO. I think there is other fat to cut off to clear roster spots. Not much of a sample but when i have seen him this year, he looks much better on his runs, i have seen him pop off a couple of nice 5-7 yard gains. He doesn't dance before trying to hit a hole anymore. If we saw him play on short yardage more we might like him more. But he is always in the mix on ST tackles, does not often let big run backs get past him, Bruce is good at this too ( except when two raven d bags are grabbing hsi jersey and picking him up off the ground in the SB)

I guess let him stay, cut some other fat or make some other 7th rd trade
Can we atleast change the title of this thread? Never heard one person call him dixie.. Sounds like a stripper name
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Some people just don't understand the value of some players. I swear people are so simple-minded that they fail to see the full value of players and just look at the surface (game stats).

Anthony Dixon is the 49ers' dictionary meaning of value; What would you expect of your fourth string running back? 4 touchdowns over the course of a season? Yeah, that sounds pretty good. How about lets make him our third string running back and give him 3 carries a game, see if he can move the chains. If we get a big lead, we can rest our dynamite starter and have a big back out there to carry the rock in a change of pace with Hunter. You know what, we need a back up fullback, maybe we have someone already on the roster who can handle these duties. Wow, we need ST standouts. Lets get something out of our backups and see who make plays on ST and who can help our ST belong at the top of the league. Oh, Anthony Dixon has made his mark on ST. Hey, I wonder if this Dixon guy can return kicks in case of injury? Hmmm, looks like he did OK.

And he has intangibles and is team player who has definitely helped us get to where we are. It would be a rough time if he gets traded and injuries happen to our rbs and then what? No depth at at rb and no proven return from receivers in passing game.

Unbelievable... but don't worry, Hes not going anywhere.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot he can handle goal line back too when Frank rip one for 30 and needs a breather when we're at the 2 yard line.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Oct 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM ]
dixon will not get cut. hes too valuable on special teams and hes not as bad as you guys make him out to be as a runner.
Share 49ersWebzone