There are 212 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
I really like what Dixon brings to ST, and in the locker room he seems like a guy who is a big reason for chemistry. I just hope they are not looking to trade him because LaMichael James is not happy.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I really like what Dixon brings to ST, and in the locker room he seems like a guy who is a big reason for chemistry. I just hope they are not looking to trade him because LaMichael James is not happy.

I don't think that's the reason. I think they are looking to trade him to open up a roster spot for some of he guys coming back. I think he is hilarious at times and is good for chemistry but we can't keep everybody unfortunately and Dixon is in the last year of his contract.
there is no way Dixon would be back next year.. so why not get something for him....

next year we have Lattimore healthy and again 4 running backs (Gore, Hunter, James, Lattimore) and no way Dixon stays..
If they Trade Boobie Dixon I would disagree. He's Glue for this team and if they actually would use him in the offense more on short yardage and clock killing drives, he'd be even more valuable. If he does get traded, he will be worth it for his new team but I personally hope he stays.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If they Trade Boobie Dixon I would disagree. He's Glue for this team and if they actually would use him in the offense more on short yardage and clock killing drives, he'd be even more valuable. If he does get traded, he will be worth it for his new team but I personally hope he stays.

That's how I feel too.
yes. Dixon makes the team better this season.. so if they can't trade him, keep him and dump Williams instead..
Who would have thought Boobie, Skuta and Miller would have over 40 yard receptions/returns in a single game?
Boobie's really developed nicely in his four years here. A nice, versatile player. Get rid of Williams instead.
Seriously at this point, sadly I'll have to say - just dump KW
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Pissed if this happens

He's worth more to us than the 7th we would possibly get. I can see him leaving for a bigger role elsewhere after this year or us not re-signing him with our 4 backs (if LMJ stays). So I can see where some are coming from get something for someone who will probably be gone after this year but really I don't think it's worth it. We would be lucky to get a mid to late 7th and he is worth more than that since he can play ST, short yardage back, backup fb. Not to mention his locker room presence and it could hurt team chemistry.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NONAME:
Pissed if this happens

it is not going to happen. its just like the free agent signing rumor mill. can not wait for tuesday to be over. we will not be making any trades in my opinion, the only roster move i think we make is to cut kyle unless you find some idiot willing to give us a 7th round pick
Pissed if this happens

Agreed. Dixon has been one of the unsung bright spots this year. Honestly, if Lattimore didn't pan out and Gore retired, I would be ok with Hunter and Dixon tag teaming our RB position.

He's a special teams stud, provides backup as a FB, he's our only big running back, and he's a good all around runner. He'll never be an every down back, but he is a young and valuable depth player.

We should not trade him for anything less than a 5th rounder IMO.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Originally posted by blm7754:
Agreed. Dixon has been one of the unsung bright spots this year. Honestly, if Lattimore didn't pan out and Gore retired, I would be ok with Hunter and Dixon tag teaming our RB position.

He's a special teams stud, provides backup as a FB, he's our only big running back, and he's a good all around runner. He'll never be an every down back, but he is a young and valuable depth player.

We should not trade him for anything less than a 5th rounder IMO.

You can't replace that and his team chemistry for a 5th. We better not trade him
You can't replace that and his team chemistry for a 5th. We better not trade him

Not to mention no way we even get a 5th because he is a FA after this year. Well, maybe but the team would have to re-sign him so that lowers his value. I agree though it's hardly worth a 5th or 6th much less a 7th which I think he would bring.
Share 49ersWebzone