LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
The flying dix touchdown made having him in the roster this season worth it. I loved his attitude and I'll be sad to see him go but in the end we have too many talented backs to have him taking up a spot.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
how many times have we given him the ball? what has been his average?

148 career attempts with a 3.1 yard avg.. I just don't see this change of pace back or being held back by being behind Gore on the depth chart. To me he never showed anything that said he should be on the field for any running plays other than as a run blocking fullback.

Kendall Hunter is legitimately being held back by being behind Gore. He's shown to be a well rounded back with explosive play potential. I just don't see really any of the same from Dixon.
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
  • dara
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49glory:
I always liked Dixon and felt like he could start on many teams out there, hes just been in Gore's shadow unfortunately. Cant wait to see what he does as a starter. wish him the best of luck.

What Anthony Dixon are you talking about?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Anthony Dixon ‏@Boobie24Dixon

Headed to the Airport....next stop Buffalo NY
Originally posted by Jcool:

he is his own agent lol
Hope the guy finds work. Make his 5th year as a pro I think
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:

he is his own agent lol

Not funny bro! Actually it is but I wish him the best
Sucks to lose Dixon, he's been huge for us on STs and also been a player that has shown his pride in being a 49er, no doubt he will be missed.
BYE BOOBIE

Lock it up. Good luck Boobie. Thanks for breaking Iupati's ankle.
Anthony Dixon ‏@Boobie24Dixon 29m So glad to be the newest member of the Buffalo Bills...gonna make this thang offficial in the morning...#BillsMafia

Actually wanted him in the draft thought he was a steal in the 6th. Wish after year one we would have had him go down to 220 or so instead of up to 230s. Still, he's been a decent player for a 6th rounder. Hopefully this means if we keep James he can get some more playing time. Just wasn't room for Dixon with 4 other RBs. He just wasn't going to get much playing time here with Lattimore back. Should be the #3 there and get more carries than he would here.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM ]
Hope Bills fans enjoy his nonstop diarrhea of tweets. Thank god the Salvation Army aka the Bills finally picked him up.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Hope Bills fans enjoy his nonstop diarrhea of tweets. Thank god the Salvation Army aka the Bills finally picked him up.

Was about to say the same thing, so glad this guy is gone, he was the 'mouth' that started all that crap with Seattle/New Orleans on numerous occasions, giving them bulletin board material.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
dang, i never got to read boobie's senior thesis...
Share 49ersWebzone