LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Dixon is not an asset to special teams. He really has no value to this team. I don't know which special teams you have been watching. As a matter of fact his bonehead play vs CAR helped seal our fate in the game by running the kick off out of the end zone to our 10 yard line. He was trying to be the catalyst and hurt us.

He has only had 1 decent return this season. e

kick returners dont seal your fate unless they fumble. dumb decision to bring the kick out but the O is still allowed to collect 1st downs after the fact.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Dixon is not an asset to special teams. He really has no value to this team. I don't know which special teams you have been watching. As a matter of fact his bonehead play vs CAR helped seal our fate in the game by running the kick off out of the end zone to our 10 yard line. He was trying to be the catalyst and hurt us.

kick returners dont seal your fate unless they fumble. dumb decision to bring the kick out but the O is still allowed to collect 1st downs after the fact.

While that's true it sure didn't help in a game like that. Where field position was key.

While that's true it sure didn't help in a game like that. Where field position was key.

we're talking about 10 yards difference here. take it at the 20, kaep aint going 80 for a td drive, i know this cus it didnt happen all game.

we're talking about 10 yards difference here. take it at the 20, kaep aint going 80 for a td drive, i know this cus it didnt happen all game.

Like I said in a game where field position is key, every yard is critical. It helps your punt team. Doesn't matter what happened after the fact.

Like I said in a game where field position is key, every yard is critical. It helps your punt team. Doesn't matter what happened after the fact.

He didn't hand them the game anymore that Osgood did.

Harbaugh, Roman & Kaep gave it away with their s**tty decisions.

I am pretty excited to see what Dixon can do for our offense in a larger role. There will probably be some drop-off from Miller in the lead blocking department. But Dixon is physical and has heart, it shouldn't be much of a drop-off.

Dixon is a also a better runner than Miller. Having Gore, Dixon, and Kapernick in the backfield at the same time could give our offense an interesting twist since defenses have to respect Dixon as a runner much more than Miller. I hope Roman adds wrinkles to his play calling to exploit this.

Dixon has been giving his all for a while now. Time for him to show what he can do in a larger offensive role.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Dec 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
Next Man Up
Originally posted by blm7754:

I am pretty excited to see what Dixon can do for our offense in a larger role. There will probably be some drop-off from Miller in the lead blocking department. But Dixon is physical and has heart, it shouldn't be much of a drop-off.

Dixon is a also a better runner than Miller. Having Gore, Dixon, and Kapernick in the backfield at the same time could give our offense an interesting twist since defenses have to respect Dixon as a runner much more than Miller. I hope Roman adds wrinkles to his play calling to exploit this.

Dixon has been giving his all for a while now. Time for him to show what he can do in a larger offensive role.

I AGREE 100% this may be a blessing for our offense and make us not as predictable. I hope Dixon BRINGS IT, he's wanted a larger role since he's been drafted lets do it!!!! UNLEASH THE BEAST!!! GREAT PIC BY THE WAY.
[ Edited by Oldschool9erfan on Dec 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM ]
Is he coming back in 2014? Wish we could keep him. #LOVERSOFBIGDIX

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Is he coming back in 2014? Wish we could keep him. #LOVERSOFBIGDIX

i'm a huge fan of Boobie but sadly it looks as though his time on the Niners has come to an end. just too many RBs ahead of him.

i'll continue to follow his career where ever he ends up. the guy's personal story is a good one. he's one of the good dudes in the NFL.
Sad to see him go. He was like the most fired up guy but he didnt play often. I'll miss him.
I don't see how Dixon stays unless we lose a HB.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM ]
Bye bye Dixie lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
aka dixie? wtf is this s**t
Share 49ersWebzone