LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sadly his days are numbered, with Hampton, and Lattamore waiting, and Crabtree, Maningham, Caradine and others coming off injuries, there just won't be room for for 'ole Win Dixie, AKA Big Dix, aka Boobie Dixon, going to miss him when he's gone.
im gonna miss big dix. It seems hard to let go of that big dix.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think people need to realize that Dixon is short for this team.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy...but Kyle Williams may have just made it necessary to put LMJ on the active roster. That gives you 4 HBs. Even if you are OK with that, you have Lattimore possibly coming back late this year or more likely next. They don't need 5 running backs.

Dixon is a huge personality and a player with a lot of versatility, but if you can get something for him now when you are likely going to cut him next year anyway....do it. I like the guy, but this is the kind of stuff good teams do.

You are probably right.

But Dixon is the only big runner we have who can bulldoze for a yard or two. Jewel Hampton was not that impressive in training camp. Lattimore hasn't proven anything yet, and may never live up to his college tape. Kendall Hunter is under-rated I think, and is a fine back. LeMichael, I don't know.

Dixon may be more valuable for what he brings to the table for the rest of the year than what we could get for him now, a low round pick. I'd keep him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I would rather they trade LMJ. Dixon is always reliable to do all the dirty work and has great ball security.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy...but Kyle Williams may have just made it necessary to put LMJ on the active roster. That gives you 4 HBs. Even if you are OK with that, you have Lattimore possibly coming back late this year or more likely next. They don't need 5 running backs.

Dixon is a huge personality and a player with a lot of versatility, but if you can get something for him now when you are likely going to cut him next year anyway....do it. I like the guy, but this is the kind of stuff good teams do.

You are probably right.

But Dixon is the only big runner we have who can bulldoze for a yard or two. Jewel Hampton was not that impressive in training camp. Lattimore hasn't proven anything yet, and may never live up to his college tape. Kendall Hunter is under-rated I think, and is a fine back. LeMichael, I don't know.

Dixon may be more valuable for what he brings to the table for the rest of the year than what we could get for him now, a low round pick. I'd keep him.

Since when do we consider Dixon a "big runner". He a big guy, but it was his failure in just such a role in the 2011 NFC Championship game that made the team sign Brandon Jacobs. Hell, if Jacobs hadn't gotten hurt in the preseason, Dixon would likely have been released LAST year. Frank is a far better short yardage runner anyway. The only reason Dixon is getting carries THIS year is because LMJ is inactive because he isn't a core ST player. THAT is the only role that concerns me in losing Dixon...his ST play/
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
I would rather they trade LMJ. Dixon is always reliable to do all the dirty work and has great ball security.

IMO LMJ has a far greater upside.

You are probably right.

Since when do we consider Dixon a "big runner". He a big guy, but it was his failure in just such a role in the 2011 NFC Championship game that made the team sign Brandon Jacobs. Hell, if Jacobs hadn't gotten hurt in the preseason, Dixon would likely have been released LAST year. Frank is a far better short yardage runner anyway. The only reason Dixon is getting carries THIS year is because LMJ is inactive because he isn't a core ST player. THAT is the only role that concerns me in losing Dixon...his ST play/

I think he is improving as a big runner. You are right that he almost got cut last year. Frank may be a better short yardage runner overall, but at the end of a game it is nice to have someone fresh for this task. Besides, who knows how long Frank will last? Some folks are surprised that he has continued to perform at a high level for this long.

You are probably right.

I think he is improving as a big runner. You are right that he almost got cut last year. Frank may be a better short yardage runner overall, but at the end of a game it is nice to have someone fresh for this task. Besides, who knows how long Frank will last? Some folks are surprised that he has continued to perform at a high level for this long.

To be honest, whenever I see Dixon in there I'd rather see Hunter. Today was a prime example.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

IMO LMJ has a far greater upside.

Yeah, I'll miss Boobie, but LMJ can be a dynamic KR/PR and third down option.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM ]
To be honest, whenever I see Dixon in there I'd rather see Hunter. Today was a prime example.

I agree! Dunno why they don't play Hunter more.

Dix why you no run the kick all the way !!!
I agree! Dunno why they don't play Hunter more.

Isn't there a rumor about dixon being on the block? It would make sense to get him some playing time to raise his value some

baring any injury to gore, Lattimore will be placed on IR in a few weeks.

there have been reports that the 9ers dont want to cut people from the special teams (such as stupar, vertrone, osgood, morris) because the play has been so great. Dixon serves more of a role in special teams than Kyle does. I don't think dixon will be on the bench inactive if he stays on this team
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I felt waaaaay more comfortable with him as a KR than Kyle Williams. Different thread but same feeling.....get Kyle Williams the hell outta SF.
Don't worry we will see him again... Probably wearing a Seahawks uni.
Share 49ersWebzone