LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yessir! Bowman played awesome today. We got hands down the best LB corp not just in the NFC, but in the entire NFL. Got to love it.
Willis is an amazing player, and a likely all time in great. But, over the past two years, Bowman has impressed me more. And that's not taking anything away from Willis...in large part I think myself and others feel this way (i.e., Bowman > Willis) precisely because Willis has been so great for so long that we've come to expect his stellar play whereas Bowman was/is an unexpected breakout star. I will say that Bowman seems more comfortable in coverage and has made a couple huge plays breaking things up late in the season, against NE and of course today. Regardless, their the two best ILBs in the game, make each other better, and play off each other.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Willis had 12 tackles today.
Still was a liability in coverage against Tony G.
its not really fair the 49ers have both willis and bowman.

any given game its hard to pick who really had a better game.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Willis had 12 tackles today.
Still was a liability in coverage against Tony G.

True that. Ever since Jimmy Graham P52 has not been the same when playing deep.
I think it seems that Bowman comes up with more game-changing, big plays. Either way, I could care less, we have 1 and 1a and ILB. The two leaders of the best group of linebackers (and I'm including our backups) in the league. It's like when we had Montana, Young, and Bono.
That's my PENN STATE BOY RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I re-call LOVING THE DRAFT PICK..I said the day we picked him we got a BEAST..he was so awesome at Penn State and we stole him

MONSTER!

BOW BOW BOW MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Willis had a great game last week with a sack and two pressures so he had a better game last week. This week Willis had pressure again and 12 tackles so I would say Willis is the better ilb and played better the last two games. Bowman couldn't do much better against Gonzales.....actually no ilb could consistently cover him. Just be glad we have the best two not to mention a great backup in grant
Right now I don't care who is doing better, they are best ILB combo in the league and are playing to win
can you guys stfu about Willis? some of you can't help it but try to ruin it for others and always find negative s**t to say, get a f**king life.

who care who's better than who? they're both on our team and either way the top 2 MLB's IN THE LEAGUE.
add ahmad to that list..
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Right now I don't care who is doing better, they are best ILB combo in the league and are playing to win

This

It doesn't matter who is playing better at any given time, this is a team, they all have one goal, and 60 minutes to get there.
Brooks has had a VERY good season and played very well yesterday.
Bowman is a LB with DB skills. I bet he could fill in at CB in a pinch!
Share 49ersWebzone