There are 256 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers:
If you want to compare the Sherman hate to any one in recent memory, look no further than...

TO is a HOFer to be. So far Sherman is not. I think fans hated him but the players loved him aside from QBs
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9ers:
If you want to compare the Sherman hate to any one in recent memory, look no further than...

TO was a drama queen and a cancer in the locker room once he left the 49ers, but was always a clean player on the field. Sherman is dirty and degrading to anyone that opposes him, while being a good teammate. Both are/were good at their craft. Sherman is more like Suh (Lions DT). No respect for opposition, but liked by teammates.
Originally posted by JimHarbaughsDouche:
Richard Sherman is a f**king beast. You wish you could sniff a shutdown corner.

Adderal + Roids + holding 50 yards down field and tackling guys sure helps.
Deion was not hated. He was just a cocky dude. Buy he was the best one on one cover corner back ever, plus he returned kicks and played offense, etc. Sherman, talent wise does not come close to Deion, and of all people to be cocky like Sherman- it would have been Deion
I don't want to create another thread about Richard Sherman, so I decided to add this. Has anyone seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6RYy2Lbmg
Deon didn't chase people down after the game and get in their face. Take Sherman last year with Brady and you mad bro.

I think Sherman thinks trash talk is reality. I don't think he understands that trash talk is just that trash. That's why he chases people down and goes off on TV. He never learned sticks n stones.

That or he just doesn't know how to turn it off.
Deion kept improving. When he first came in from FSU, Rice toasted him, no discipline. By the time he was in his prime, no one bothered to even look to his side. If a WR was open it was because he let him be open and he was baiting the QB.

He played tighter to the LOS than anyone i've ever seen and was a lot smarter than he was given credit for, given his persona.
Not even close.

Deion was arrogant and wasn't afraid to tell you that he was the best. The dude actually backed it up though... he was a true shutdown corner who followed around the other team's #1 and didn't get the help of safeties over top or LBs underneath. He won most of those matchups. Jerry Rice was really the only guy who got the best of Deion, he did have 1,000 yards against him over their careers. But, Deion did have some big INTs while covering Jerry... like the one where Young flipped him during the tackle.

Sherman is just an insecure baby. Pretends that he is an elite CB but he doesn't shadow anyone around the way Deion did or Revis does... they don't put Sherman on an island every play. Even when he "blanketed" Boldin, both the broadcast and the coaches film showed clear as day that most of the time he had safety help on top and a LB underneath. Then boasts that he shut the WR down even though it was him and two other guys. He made the same straight-faced lie when the Seahawks lost to Megatron and the Lions. It was 2 or 3 guys on Megatron every down and then Sherman and his sycophants claim it was one-on-one.

Deion was an arrogant jerk... but Deion was a man. He wanted to compete with the guys and be better than them but he never ran down QBs or Headcoaches after a win to taunt them, he didn't taunt people to the point after a playoff win where they punched him in the face, or chase down WRs to taunt them after he made a play or run up to the QB after a big stop to do the choke thing or have a ridiculous little boy insecurity rant on national tv after his first championship game win. Deion was mostly just being a big personality and living up to his Prime Time alter-ego, it was almost like a Muhammad Ali thing. Just flash for the cameras and entertainment for the fans.

Sherman is going to go down as a poor-sportsman and an overrated player who takes credit for what his teammates accomplish. Look at the NFL Honors thing... Sherman had a great year and he capped it off with a huge game-sealing play that should have secured his DPOY. Then he taunted Crabtree, taunted Kaepernick, and had his little insecure rant. Most of the voters were like... yeaaaah... Kuechly it is. Sherman's thing isn't an act like Deion. The dude has a massive inferiority complex and only seems to feel better about himself when he is taunting opponents.
  • pfizz
yes, deion was just as disliked as sherman. i think people would rather punch sherman in the face but deion got on everyones nerves.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by kingairta:
Deon didn't chase people down after the game and get in their face. Take Sherman last year with Brady and you mad bro.

I think Sherman thinks trash talk is reality. I don't think he understands that trash talk is just that trash. That's why he chases people down and goes off on TV. He never learned sticks n stones.

That or he just doesn't know how to turn it off.

this is what its becoming. the most obvious example is derpman, but IMO he is merely a figurehead in this whole generational shift towards acting in this manner. not only the players but also the fans. right now the pukes from seattle are in everyones faces. ive seen classless douche-nozzle messages on facebook from people i know who arent even football fans. and its not even football based conversations. but they get all gloaty and act like their hero derpman. things are going to get more violent as these attitudes continue to escalate. derpman needs to be 2pac'd, but they never get rid of the harbingers of the negative selfish attitudes. they put them on pedestals and trip over themselves excusing and sainting them.

Deion was all class

Originally posted by socalniner:
Deion was all class

That wasn't AFTER the game.
That wasn't AFTER his team had already won.

This was the first play of the game, I'm pretty sure. He was a cocky son-of-a-b***h, no doubt, but he never rubbed it in and got in your face AFTER the game was over.

Cortland Finnegan does that all the time. Same with Steve Smith. I LOVE both of those players and the way they play.

They do not resemble Dick s**tman in any way shape or form.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Deion was all class

That wasn't AFTER the game.
That wasn't AFTER his team had already won.

This was the first play of the game, I'm pretty sure. He was a cocky son-of-a-b***h, no doubt, but he never rubbed it in and got in your face AFTER the game was over.

Really amazing that people see this as the same thing Sherman did... this was just part of Deion's game to distract people during the game. KEY thing, during the game. Sherman was clearly taunting Crabtree because he just ended the 49ers season... and had a personal feud with Crabtree over something that happened in Arizona.
Share 49ersWebzone