There are 268 users in the forums

jimmy johnson says marc trestman to be next bears coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
former niners o-coordinator, the bears supposedly think he has sean payton likepotential in developing their offense
[ Edited by hofer36 on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM ]
I was hopeing we would bring him in as OC.

Any links?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jimmy Johnson ‏@JimmyJohnson

Looks like 2 of my guys getting NFL jobs..Chud Cleveland and my QB coach at U Trestman to Chicago

6h
Originally posted by valrod33:

This.
Trestman has had experience in a lot of different schemes, and is a creative offensive mind , the Bears must have been impressed with his background ...remember, he has "offensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers" on his resume , that alone will snag you a gig somewhere, unless your name is Jim Hostler, Jimmy Raye or Mike Johnson.

But after a year of "duh duh Mike Tice" as their OC, and Mike Martz and his complicated digit system the previous year, Trestman must look like a breath of fresh air to them
Damn. With Norv going to Cleveland and Trestman becoming head coach in Chicago, there's two OC candidates taken right off the board. Trestman is a brilliant offensive mind, if he gets his way, that Bears offense will be rocking and rolling next season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

S-T Blog: No validity to Jimmy Johnson's Twitter post about Marc Trestman as #Bears coach. Search continues... http://bit.ly/VQj3ZQ
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei

This is why talk of Marc Trestman to the Bears should not be dismissed:

Trestman seems to be a fit in terms of experience (has been a head coach), personality mesh with Phil Emery (not an ego guy, cerebral) and strengths (quarterback play, game planning). I heard Trestman's interview with Emery went eight hours. What's more, the Bears have not been the only team that have been impressed with Trestman. Last year he interviewed for the Colts job, and he left a great impression on Colts' upper management. That being said, I don't see any way a decision has been made yet. The earliest I would expect a decision would be in about a week, but it could go much longer. about 4 hours ago
Originally posted by Jcool:

S-T Blog: No validity to Jimmy Johnson's Twitter post about Marc Trestman as #Bears coach. Search continues... http://bit.ly/VQj3ZQ

I think Trestman is clearly the front-runner, especially if you consider what else is out there at the moment. Ken Whisenhunt? Mike McCoy? Jay Gruden? Not a lot of awe-inspiring candidates.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:

I think Trestman is clearly the front-runner, especially if you consider what else is out there at the moment. Ken Whisenhunt? Mike McCoy? Jay Gruden? Not a lot of awe-inspiring candidates.

there are many "hot" coordinators left.
Trestman didn't light it up wen he was with us. Eddie D dropped kicked him out of town.

He, like many, have improved along the way. Bears will go nowhere w/out an OLine. And Cutler won't be around for too long either until they get one.

Total failure of leadership and capability in the Bears FO.

Interesting to see how it plays out.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Eddie D dropped kicked him out of town.

"He's gone."
Sunday, August 17, 1997Story last updated at 11:05 p.m. on Saturday, August 16, 1997

Rice happy Trestman, style gone

By John Oehser

Times-Union sports writer

The words came at a news conference in January announcing a new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. A reporter asked owner Eddie DeBartolo about Marc Trestman.

''He's gone,'' DeBartolo replied.

And somewhere, Jerry Rice smiled. Real, real big.

Because if there was anything Rice - the NFL's best wide receiver ever - wanted to hear this past off-season, it was that Trestman - Rice's least favorite offensive coordinator ever - was to be out of a job.

And now, as Rice enters a 13th NFL season, he says he feels more optimistic now than in a long while, particularly than the end of last year.

The absence of Trestman is the reason.

Not that Rice, who holds every major receiving record in NFL history, hated Trestman. It's just he hated the things Trestman made him do:

Run 2-yard crossing routes.

Take a physical beating.

And eventually, even consider retirement.

''That was a nightmare for me,'' said Rice, who caught 108 passes last season, but for ''only'' eight touchdowns and 1,254 yards, an 11.6-yards-per-reception average, 4 yards below his career average

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was over 15 years ago, I am sure Marc Trestman has learned a lot and improved.
The Bears should hire Denver OC and San Marin High (Novato) grad Mike McCoy.
Share 49ersWebzone