LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Michael Vick gets overrated beyond belief

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by English:
You and I both know Maclin is not at all a number one receiver or even a 2. Where is his at least average TE? His line is a joke. He has had PLENTY to work with ? Really ? compared to Alex ? He needs more than just a shifty slot guy and good RB. If Vick had better coaching and weapons he wouldn't have any doubters. He and Alex both had similar situations only difference here is that Vick isn't gonna get 8 years to get those weapons placed at his disposal like Alex.

Vick is already 32.
ok...........ur point is ?

My point is, I get bored reading about comparisons with Smith in every qb thread. And saying that Vick at the age of 32 won't get an 8 year pass to get weaponry as Smith apparently did carefully avoids the point that this time was needed because Smith was drafted by a team with very little talent. A team so poor it would have struggled to beat some college teams.
That playoff game he won in Green Bay was classic, unfortunately there haven't been many of those. I heard he didn't put the study time in to be elite. His athleticism was so off the charts may be he slacked off. He's now referred to as a coach killer. The quarterback situation is so dire in the NFL he'll probably have multiple options.
Vick is extremely over rated.

Even when he won those playoff games, his defense played a MONSTER game
Over-rated -
You and I both know Maclin is not at all a number one receiver or even a 2. Where is his at least average TE? His line is a joke. He has had PLENTY to work with ? Really ? compared to Alex ? He needs more than just a shifty slot guy and good RB. If Vick had better coaching and weapons he wouldn't have any doubters. He and Alex both had similar situations only difference here is that Vick isn't gonna get 8 years to get those weapons placed at his disposal like Alex.

LOL.......Celek?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If Vick ever had an above average receiving core, or an O line that actually blocked he would be a savage. He could have been a great qb in this league, he just never I repeat never had the weapons. No run game, no receiving core, no O line. I dont think he is overrated. Romo on the other hand.
No way the accuracy isn't there.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Algernon Crumpler doe?

Vick is already 32.
ok...........ur point is ?

My point is, I get bored reading about comparisons with Smith in every qb thread. And saying that Vick at the age of 32 won't get an 8 year pass to get weaponry as Smith apparently did carefully avoids the point that this time was needed because Smith was drafted by a team with very little talent. A team so poor it would have struggled to beat some college teams.
I didnt compare the two bruh, the previous poster did. I'm just saying that there is no way to compare the two. A qb without a line and some talent is bound to look like garbage and there is no way Vick had a chance or has a chance to have a team get built around him so that he can perform at his fullest potential.
Originally posted by BobS:
If Vick ever had an above average receiving core, or an O line that actually blocked he would be a savage. He could have been a great qb in this league, he just never I repeat never had the weapons. No run game, no receiving core, no O line. I dont think he is overrated. Romo on the other hand.
No way the accuracy isn't there.

hard to be accurate when ur constantly running for ur life.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Vick, like any other QB out there, needed a decent OL. He had one of the worst in the league.

• kray28
  • Veteran
He's not overrated anyway. The Eagles should keep him and fix their horribad line.
Originally posted by Milkman:

I always think of the above play when I hear Vick... that was 10 YEARS AGO! WOW! Dude had heaps of potential pre-dogfighting days as the first hyper-mobile QB, but probably lucked out with sh*tty coaches. Post dogfighting he's just been a Tebow-esque sideshow... the next gen hyper-mobile QB's Newton/RG3/Kaep, are simply better. Evolution is a b*tch.

lol he didnt even look to make a pass on that play-action, he just took off.
Originally posted by kray28:
He's not overrated anyway. The Eagles should keep him and fix their horribad line.

They won't best to get rid of him and aquire alex smith, he could patch why they draft a replacement, and manage the game not have 6 turnovers in a game. Really if andy read stays smith would be in a really good spot with the eagles.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think vick goes to the jets. who else would take a chance? once andy r gets the ax, vick is gone as well.
only one of the eagles receivers have broke 1000 yards in the past three years. Avant never broke 700 yards. Celek is ok. Maclin is inconsistent. Thats all Vick's fault tho.

I'd say it's the offensive line's fault and I would take the Eagles receiving corps over much of the league
Share 49ersWebzone