LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Source: NY Jets will shop QB Mark Sanchez this offseason

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOL. No thanks.
Wow...give him a huge contract extension only to consider trade possibilities afterwards. Brilliant!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
To the Chiefs for Peyton Hillis. You heard it here first!

Why would the jets want another Tebow on the team?
My thread about Alex Smith gets locked after a few minutes, but this one is still up? Hmmm.... This isn't NinersTalk.
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
If Sanchez played for Kansas City, Buffalo, Tennessee, or any other small market team, we would barely know about this. Perfect example of manufactured media hysteria.

If he played for any of those teams he would have been out of the league 2 years ago.
Oh my God Lomas Brown just suggested that Sanchez is coming over here
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Over where? To SF?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Over where? To SF?

I would assume he meant Oakland... But if he did mean SF i'm guessing he thinks Harbaugh turns him into Alex Smith 2.0 and trades him for picks.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Over where? To SF?

I would assume he meant Oakland... But if he did mean SF i'm guessing he thinks Harbaugh turns him into Alex Smith 2.0 and trades him for picks.
Kaepernick would have to ride pine in order for that to happen.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Vince Evans,Paul McDonald, Sean Salisberry, Rodney Peete, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson, Matt Leinart, John David Booty, Mark Sanchez, notice a pattern? USC QB's are overhyped and over rated. Carson Palmer was a legit #1 but injuries have sidetracked his career. The next golden boy is Matt Barkley. The USC advertising department went to overdrive anointing him as the next Heisman Trophy winner. Matt Leinart, who would've been #1 if he came out his junior year (to the Niners) was completely bypassed by his college coach when he became available this past year. It's not Sanchez's fault if a team wants throw him multi-millions.
USC seems to get some of the best college lineman and wide receivers year in and out, it is easy to look good when you have 4 seconds to throw to guys who get good separation on the defenders. I can remember Sanchez having trouble at USC the rare times he was pressured, he had bust written all over him.

I heard on NFL32 that Sanchez should back up Kap. NOOOOOOO a thousand times!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I heard on NFL32 that Sanchez should back up Kap. NOOOOOOO a thousand times!

are they forgetting that NO ONE is going to take on that stupid contract they gave sanchez?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kaepernick would have to ride pine in order for that to happen.

No, Harbaugh is seen as a QB guru, Sanchez riding the bench for a few years and maybe getting some garbage time snaps would be enough to get a team interested.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I wouldn't even want Sanchez on our practice squad. 4 years in a conservative offense and his career completion pct. is 55%, never even hit 57% in any season. The Jets did an awful job constructing that offense, but Sanchez has no one but himself to blame for his wild inaccuracy. I doubt even Harbaugh could fix that.
Sanchez can run. Something they didnt let him do on the Jets. Something he did a lot in college. offensive coordinator sucked and had no receiving core. Dont think we would spend all that cash on a backup tho.
Share 49ersWebzone