LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

NFL considering expanding playoffs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Make it like the NBA playoffs, 1 vs. 8, 4. vs. 5, 3. vs. 6, 2. vs 7.

regular-season "division champ" titles would have to become disregarded once the playoffs start if its that way....that is, if say the top 8 teams in the NFC qual'd and were seeded on win-loss (there'd still be tie-breakers though), but heavily weighted to overall win-loss...of course, strength of schedule would screw certain teams with hard schedules...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AUniner:
Playoffs should just stay the same. Divisons need to be realigned though.

What should they be?

dallas & carolina should switch

indy & miami should switch
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
awful idea... this is why every game matters
Money hungry league.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

What should they be?

Dallas moving to NFC South make sense but will never happen because they'll lose money without the AFC East prime time matchups.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Been off the grid for much of the day, but I absolutely, positively oppose watering down the playoffs. Foolish, foolish idea.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
You go from Rozelle to Taglibue to Goodell... had to be a downside somewhere. He's arguably the worst Commish in sports.
what next? best of 3 series?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

What should they be?

Dallas moving to NFC South make sense but will never happen because they'll lose money without the AFC East prime time matchups.

Yeah, there are a few examples where the last realignment didn't fix all the geographical issues, but there's some teams that you just can't pull from their divisions. cowboys out of the east, rams out of the west. I think in reality, the Niners/seahawks/cardinals/cowboys are the most western nfc teams. But that would just f**k up a lot of tradition that people hold close to heart.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM ]
And it worked. You guys are talking about this playoff system now instead of the botched Bounty-Gate investigation.The slight of hand trick gets 'em every time.

• vaden
  • Veteran
I don't want the playoffs watered down, but amidst all the criticism of expansion and praise for the current system, I find it amusing that few complain about a system where an 11-5 or 10-6 team misses the playoffs while a 7-9 or 8-8 team makes the playoffs and gets a home game. The NFL playoffs are already a joke and will continue to be until that changes.
It's good the way it is now. Leave it alone. The kickoffs too. Leave it alone. Everything this guy does is a disaster. Can't hit high, can't hit low, don't hit too hard in the middle, no more kickoffs, more teams in the playoffs that don't belong.

What's wrong with him?....

What should they be?

Dallas is further west than St. Louis................................................................................
I really like the current playoff format.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

What should they be?

Dallas is further west than St. Louis................................................................................

dallas is further SOUTH than either st louis or carolina

and I never said dallas would go to the NFCW......
Share 49ersWebzone