LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

And word is three teams have contacted the Bengals on defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer. @MarkMaske says the Redskins are one of them.

So what I'm hearing is the three teams that have shown interest in Zimmer are the Titans, Vikings and Redskins.

Skins looking at him and Gruden. #thirsty
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin announces that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties.

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin announces that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties.

That's a coach on the hot seat. I think Munchak got fired for resisting coaching changes on his staff.
If either the Vikings or Redskins took Roman as their next head coach, I'd
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
If either the Vikings or Redskins took Roman as their next head coach, I'd

I wouldn't. Roman is the best OC in the game right now. Think of our offense before Roman, and compare it to what it is now.

The difference is staggering.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

That's a coach on the hot seat. I think Munchak got fired for resisting coaching changes on his staff.

Not think. It was because of that exact reason. They asked him to pretty much turn over his entire coaching staff in order for him to keep his job. Most media outlets pegged the number around 12 changes and he said no.

Also with the Dolphins firing Sherman will they just promote from in-house or do you think they will look to college hc/oc, or NFL oc/position coach? Will be interesting if they start sniffing around playoff teams for their coaches.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
pretty tough behind a keyboard arent you
yes, ma'am
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Not sure if it has been noted but the Redskins also asked to interview Fangio along with Roman. Vikings still the only other team reportedly interested in Roman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/the-daily-sort-of-coachingg-m-search-update/

Would be interesting if we lost Fangio to Washington.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Not think. It was because of that exact reason. They asked him to pretty much turn over his entire coaching staff in order for him to keep his job. Most media outlets pegged the number around 12 changes and he said no.

Also with the Dolphins firing Sherman will they just promote from in-house or do you think they will look to college hc/oc, or NFL oc/position coach? Will be interesting if they start sniffing around playoff teams for their coaches.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Would expect Philbin to give strong consideration for the job to GB QB coach Ben McAdoo. I believe his contract is up and can't be blocked
Originally posted by sfout:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Would expect Philbin to give strong consideration for the job to GB QB coach Ben McAdoo. I believe his contract is up and can't be blocked

it would be dumb for them to change their offense 2 years into Tanneill's development. They have to stick with whats familiar

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Giants flying OC candidate Mike Sullivan in tomorrow to interview for their opening, per source. Interview Tues or Wed (as @ConorTOrr said)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

Have ben told Bill O'Brien will hire Brian Ferentz as his OL coach w #Texans. Son of Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz. Good choice.
just stay away from Lord Fangio!!! take roman, please take roman lol
Saw where Roman and Fangio are being considered for Washington and Roman also for Minn. Harbaugh also mention Tomsula had been inquired about. I would not cry over Roman but I really like Tomsula.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins confirm Giants DC Perry Fewell interviewed with team officials for head coach position earlier today. #HTTR
Share 49ersWebzone