LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Could anyone explain to me, why Rob Ryan and Mularkey were dismissed?

I think Ryan was just a scapegoat... Mularkey on the other hand took over the team & made them worse, horrible hire to begin with. Guy had only 2 years in Buffalo but to be better with his next job I think he needed a more filled out time. Good move for the Jags honestly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Jaguars coaches are (still) free to look. Were told by Caldwell new coach will decide whether to retain them. Writing on the wall, tho
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Greg Roman, Brian Schottenheimer are candidates for Jaguars job http://bit.ly/XRW6e5 #NFL #Jaguars
Originally posted by Paul:
I think Ryan was just a scapegoat... Mularkey on the other hand took over the team & made them worse, horrible hire to begin with. Guy had only 2 years in Buffalo but to be better with his next job I think he needed a more filled out time. Good move for the Jags honestly.
Doesn't any coach need some time, let's say about three years (which should look promising, of course)...which would lead as to Shurmur and the Browns, imo.

Yeah, it was a horrible start for Mularkey. But he took over a crappy team...Even Harbaugh would not handle it much better, imo.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If they want Alex then they need to be prepared to part with a 3rd round pick. Alex will be under contract and in demand by several teams. He's also light years better than anything they'd get in that round.
ish just got real, I really don't wanna see any of our staff leave.........
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
ish just got real, I really don't wanna see any of our staff leave.........
i would lead the parade for roman to exit
Dave Caldwell on Mularkey:

WHAT HE SAID:

"I informed Mike today that he will not return as head coach of the Jaguars," Caldwell, who worked with Mularkey when both were with the Falcons, said in a statement. "I know Mike well and do not want anyone to misinterpret the rationale behind my decision. Mike is an excellent coach and I am sure he will succeed in his next stop in the NFL.

"However, I must do what I believe is best for the Jacksonville Jaguars and immediately explore every avenue possible to turn our football team around. For that to happen as seamlessly as we want, and as quickly as our fans deserve, I feel it is in everyone's best interests for an immediate and clean restart.

WHAT HE REALLY MEANT:

"I informed Mike today that his ass is canned or should say KHANned, ha ha," Caldwell, who suffered with Mularkey when both were with the Falcons, said in a statement. "I know Mike well and want everyone to rationale behind my decision - that he sucks. Mike is the worst head coach next to Norv Turner and I am sure he will turn your team into 2-14 losers if you hire this moron. "However, I must do what I believe is best for my job and my career only and immediately explore every avenue possible to turn this sorry ass franchise around or I'll get canned myself. For that to happen quick, I feel it is in my best interests to show this turkey the door and show the owner that I can make decisions as soon as I come in.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

See @Edwerderespn mentioning how #Cowboys are interested in Monte Kiffin. So was Andy Reid when he took KC job. We'll see if Kiffin is.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Greg Roman, Brian Schottenheimer are candidates for Jaguars job http://bit.ly/XRW6e5 #NFL #Jaguars

Those poor Jacksonville fans......

If that list does not grow it all but guarantees Greg Roman being hired by them.

The funny thing is that if Schottenheimer is somehow hired by them then it would put Bradford halfway down the "Alex Smith" road of a new OC every year.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Valrod33:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer

Roman might be a better HC than OC
Reading the Jags MB, alot of them don't want Roman lol
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Two candidates for the Jaguars HC job are expected to be 49ers OC Greg Roman and Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer

LOL if Bradford has yet another OC next year.
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter Good news for Whiz RT @MaryKayCabot: Breaking: #Browns are interviewing fired #Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt again today in Cleveland.
Originally posted by captveg:

LOL if Bradford has yet another OC next year.

Rams bringing up Bradford the way we did Alex Smith. It will be years before Bradford develops as well the way they are going.
Share 49ersWebzone