LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract
@JayGlazer: Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract

Beat me by 3 seconds!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Beat me by 3 seconds!

• sfout
  • Veteran
I'd feel bad for Gamble and honestly wonder what happened in his NYJ interview if he goes from "the top guy" at both JAX and NYJ to possibly not being hired anywhere if both NYJ and SD promotes from within. I would really want to know what he did to screw up so bad.
Now lets see if Caldwell takes Roman
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Zach Barnett ‏@zach_barnett

David Shaw: "I spent 9 years in the NFL, which is why I'm not in a rush to go back."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Expect Caldwell to consider 49ers OC Greg Roman, if the Jags fire Mularkey. Plane's taking off now ... See you guys in a few.
@AdamSchefter: As @jayglazer reported, Jaguars and Dave Caldwell have agreed to terms on a new contract to make him Jacksonville's new GM.
@JayGlazer: Caldwell has already informed the Jets he's pulled his name out of their search as he is negotiating w Jaguars after they tabbed him

• Hopper
  • Veteran

Expect Caldwell to consider 49ers OC Greg Roman, if the Jags fire Mularkey. Plane's taking off now ... See you guys in a few.

Anyone actually think Roman can win in Jacksonville? I don't
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Things remain on track for Jags to name Dave Caldwell their new GM. as I've been reporting, Greg Roman could be their next coach ...
Originally posted by Hopper:

Not if they get Tim Tebow he won't.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

I think so, he wont win the division but all he needs is an improved defense and they can at least compete.

He has a poor man's 49ers East in terms offense there already

Henne = Poor man's Alex Smith
Jones-Drew = Gore
Blackmon = Poor man's Crabtree
Mercedes Lewis = a good #2 TE.

and half decent OL that MJD makes look good, but Gabbert made look terrible, Henne played a little better behind them.

Draft a top tier defensive player with the first pick like Lotulelei, Jarvis Jones, Demontre Moore, Bjorn Warner in the first, then Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley with the 2nd rounder, then a TE like Fauria or Toilolo in the 3rd and you've got a solid foundation.

Especially if he could trade down a from the #2 slot to #5 - 8 and pick up another 2nd rounder to use on another defensive player like a quality safety or corner and they immediately have a quality roster in the making.
Chargers will announce who their GM will be tomorrow
Share 49ersWebzone