LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

*** WEEK 13 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 11/29 - 12/3 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
If Payton doesn't return, we will see the return of the paper bags.

With the amount of heat that was put on Peyton, i can't help but think the Saints sold him under the river to save their hides.

If so, he'll bounce out of town. Maybe to Arizona or Dallas
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
If Payton doesn't return, we will see the return of the paper bags.

He's coming back. Why wouldn't he?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Ronnie Hillman could've cost me $600. If I'd have picked up Bryce Brown like I was planning (I have McCoy) I would've had a first round bye and probably been season points leader ($100). Instead I got a 0 and have bad week 14 matchups and fell slightly behind points leader.

Tonight probably cost me the second chance for a first round bye. Graham f**ked Sproles with the stupid block and my opponent's kicker outscored Roddy White and Darren Sproles combined and Gonzales got almost the same points.

I started the season 6-0, and now 5 of my previous starters are injured and I'm probably going to miss the bye, already lost the $100 for points leader, and have a poor outlook heading into the playoffs.

I mean, I have a great team... Bryce Brown, Arian Foster, B Marshall... but still this is putting me in the hole big time.

still gonna make the playoffs but a bye would be nice
The amount of fantasy junk on here is amazing to me. We needed the Saints to win tonight to help us get the #1 seed and homefield. Yet people on here care more about points in a made up league with players from other teams? I hate the Saints, but desperately wanted them to send Atlanta to 10-2, 11-1 while we're are 8-2-1 is almost impossible to make up. Have fun winning or losing your whopping hundred bucks, I'd rather see my team play and win another ring.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
The amount of fantasy junk on here is amazing to me. We needed the Saints to win tonight to help us get the #1 seed and homefield. Yet people on here care more about points in a made up league with players from other teams? I hate the Saints, but desperately wanted them to send Atlanta to 10-2, 11-1 while we're are 8-2-1 is almost impossible to make up. Have fun winning or losing your whopping hundred bucks, I'd rather see my team play and win another ring.

I was rooting for both, but would you prefer to have $600 or have the Saints win vs the falcons?

I was rooting for both, but would you prefer to have $600 or have the Saints win vs the falcons?

The niners don't need the #1 seed. When was the last #1 seed that advanced to the superbowl out of the NFC?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The niners don't need the #1 seed. When was the last #1 seed that advanced to the superbowl out of the NFC?
The saints a couple of years ago

I can make $600 any day of the week, I would rather the Saints have won to give us a shot at homefield. Maybe its just me, but I cant do fantasy, I cant root for teams or players that would hurt the chances of bringing the Lombardi trophy back. 10 years from now, what will you talk about? Winning a fantasy league and winning $600 or the fact we have surpassed every other team in the NFL with SB wins and are truely the next dynasty? For me, thats easy, even if I wasnt making good money.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The saints a couple of years ago
I'd rather have the #1 seed and see the road go through SF instead of ATL where Ryan is a maniac, sure it was the D that stepped up tonight, and he cant seem to win in the playoffs, but our chances are greatly improved if he has to come into our house, outside, where he has always stuggled.
No matter who we "root" for, rooting doesn't do s**t to what is actually happening. The 1 and 2 seed both get a bye. We probably won't catch ATL anyways. Their dome/crowd/recent playoff succes(or lack there of) doesn't scare me one bit.

Obviously we want a Lombardi trophy, and rooting for certain PLAYERS on another team to do good stats wise doesn't change that.

I can make $600 any day of the week, I would rather the Saints have won to give us a shot at homefield. Maybe its just me, but I cant do fantasy, I cant root for teams or players that would hurt the chances of bringing the Lombardi trophy back. 10 years from now, what will you talk about? Winning a fantasy league and winning $600 or the fact we have surpassed every other team in the NFL with SB wins and are truely the next dynasty? For me, thats easy, even if I wasnt making good money.

You're really just being a baby about not having friends to play fantasy football with. Fantasy football has inspired as many football related conversations with friends as the Niners have. I always root for the Niners no matter what, but that doesn't mean you can't root for your fantasy players. FF encourages watching every single game every single week, not just solely watching the Niners and a game or two that might impact them.

If you have real football fan friends, fantasy is competitive and success brings pride and respect. It can show a better understanding of the teams and players throughout the league. If you just like the Niners and don't know about any other players on any other teams, that's cool, but you'd be solely a Niner fan and not a fan of the sport. Meanwhile, many are fans of the team and fans of the sport. Fans of the game understand various teams' strengths and weaknesses and use fantasy football as a means to show their greater understanding.

It doesn't conflict and this is the last week before playoffs, so lay off trying to say FF players aren't real fans of the Niners.

*Oh, and PS, I'm calling b******t that you make $600 any day of the week. You make about a million/year?
[ Edited by mug0mug on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:45 AM ]
Bottom line it took 5 picks, and mismanagement of the game clock at the end of the half, for the Falcons to beat the Saints by 10. If we have to go into the Georgia Dome, I like our chances. The Saints we're getting good pressure on Ryan, just imagine what our Defense can do?

You're really just being a baby about not having friends to play fantasy football with. Fantasy football has inspired as many football related conversations with friends as the Niners have. I always root for the Niners no matter what, but that doesn't mean you can't root for your fantasy players. FF encourages watching every single game every single week, not just solely watching the Niners and a game or two that might impact them.

If you have real football fan friends, fantasy is competitive and success brings pride and respect. It can show a better understanding of the teams and players throughout the league. If you just like the Niners and don't know about any other players on any other teams, that's cool, but you'd be solely a Niner fan and not a fan of the sport. Meanwhile, many are fans of the team and fans of the sport. Fans of the game understand various teams' strengths and weaknesses and use fantasy football as a means to show their greater understanding.

It doesn't conflict and this is the last week before playoffs, so lay off trying to say FF players aren't real fans of the Niners.

*Oh, and PS, I'm calling b******t that you make $600 any day of the week. You make about a million/year?

$600 a day is roughly $150,000 a year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
wow Sanchez 3 picks already.... He is NOT an NFL starter...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Luck's road problems are perplexing ... RT @bkravitz This looks eerily familiar. Another roadie, another multi pick game. Way underthrown.
Share 49ersWebzone