LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
never thought i'd say this, but Reid>Goldson
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I had a dream that he was let go after next year and he signed with us to play the 2015 season to replace Donte.

you have a death wish for our team?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I had a dream that he was let go after next year and he signed with us to play the 2015 season to replace Donte.

you have a death wish for our team?

I WAS HELLA MAD THAT THE JAGUARS BEAT US!!!! I WAS HELLA MAN!!!! I WAS BENDING REMOTES WITH MY BARE HAND!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's one of the best at getting fined and making a lot of penalties...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I don't think there's any question when comparing both of them as they are right now...Goldson isn't what he was 2-3-4 years ago, plus his style of play just doesn't fit what the NFL is morphing into.
We made out BIG time by letting him go.
dude was a product of our awesome defense
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Reid is a better communicator. The WHOLe secondary is playing better because he is a better field general.
Not the best free safety just the most overpaid one.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Reid is a better communicator. The WHOLe secondary is playing better because he is a better field general.

This. He's just smarter, more aware overall, I think his presence has allowed everyone to play better, especially Whitner.

Originally posted by ninerjok:

But as long as the 49ers get a 3rd round comp pick for him leaving, its Saul Goodman.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

But as long as the 49ers get a 3rd round comp pick for him leaving, its Saul Goodman.
Helps when you draft a kid like Eric Reid!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM ]
Haven't watched too many Tampa Bay games. How IS Goldy doing? Heard he knocked out a few Jets players in week 1 (LOL) and of course the fines and suspension he faced but not really too much besides that?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Haven't watched too many Tampa Bay games. How IS Goldy doing? Heard he knocked out a few Jets players in week 1 (LOL) and of course the fines and suspension he faced but not really too much besides that?

Last I checked, DeSean Jackson was making him look like Wile E. Coyote. Panthers did a number on him too. I loved his tackling ability, but I've been saying for years that he wasn't all that great in coverage. I bet he realizes now how good our front seven made him look.
Another advantage Da$hon Goldson and Darrelle Revi$ have in Tampa, is that they'll have a longer off-season to enjoy their cash. It's actually the ideal situation for both of them.
Share 49ersWebzone