There are 277 users in the forums

49ers vs Patriots ; How do the 9ers matchup ? Updated

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by verb1der:
We are about to find out in this year's Superbowl!

or in week 15, which ever comes first

• Chico
  • Veteran

I hope the results are the same as it was against the mighty powerful Fudge Packers!
Pats just got Talib... Did he play when the 9ers blew up the bucs last year?
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Who would cover who ?

Run game would be held in check surely but Welker and the their TE would command alot of attention.
Who would cover the TE's? Bowman and Willis on each, Brown on Welker ?

Culliver will cover who lines up on the offensive right side, Brown will cover whoever lines up on the offensive left side, and Rogers will cover whoever is in the slot, just like it's been for the last year and a half.
Pats have no chance at winning this game muahahaha
I still think we beat Mew England. The Rams games don't concern me that much. They built themselves to match up excellently against us and probably have been working to do so since day 1 of the fisher regime. Every team has that bizarro opposite that gives them trouble. Even in the 80s glory years it was the Rams. It's just the way things are.

Rest of the league is not as prepared, nor has the same mojo. This Super Bowl is still Kaepernick's for the taking. As long as our goddamn kicker does not muck things up.
Our defense is great but we have to score points and keep the running game going. I would try some option stuff to keep the clock going
Run screens their secondary isn't that good. They can be beat. Keep somebody on Welker. Tight Ends are gonna be a nightmare, even with Willis
and Bowman. If Roman calls a s**tty game like in St Louis we will get housed by 25. We have to score 28 to win. Even Brady can't score 30 against us
unless they get some turnovers.

Originally posted by lordfangio:
Culliver will cover who lines up on the offensive right side, Brown will cover whoever lines up on the offensive left side, and Rogers will cover whoever is in the slot, just like it's been for the last year and a half.

If thats the stradegy then were f**ked.

Welker and Stallworth line up on slot often. Rogers does not have the speed to cover either of them. I would put Rogers on Lloyd , Culliver on Welker, and let the Safeties help in the middle on the screens
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Originally posted by lordfangio:

If thats the stradegy then were f**ked.

Welker and Stallworth line up on slot often. Rogers does not have the speed to cover either of them. I would put Rogers on Lloyd , Culliver on Welker, and let the Safeties help in the middle on the screens

I agree with Ziggy. Rogers is nowhere near as quick as welker. Brady amd Welker will have Carlos spinning like a top. I really hope Gronk doesnt play. Cant wait for Sun Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first year starter at QB vs Belichick in New England.............................

hopes are not high.
This will be a real test and NOT just another game.

The Pats went out and got a whole new secondary - not one guy was on the SB team.

They've really improved. We will need to score TD's and convert on 3rd downs if we are to win this.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This will be a real test and NOT just another game.

The Pats went out and got a whole new secondary - not one guy was on the SB team.

They've really improved. We will need to score TD's and convert on 3rd downs if we are to win this.

i'll be impressed if we keep them under 25.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Brady can't handle blitzes up the middle. Move the launch point in his dropback and you'll disrupt his timing. I believe his pass protection is suspect. Eliminate Welker's drag route - that's Brady's security blanket. Roll high-low coverages towards Gronk. All the while doing what our defense does best - sound tackling with some (or a lot) punishing hits mixed in.

Offensively, we shouldn't have a problem with their porous defense. Pounding the rock consistently and effectively will keep Brady off the field and win us the T.O.P. battle. I like what Alex Smith is showing in terms of an economical passing game. If Harbaugh establishes 49ER FOOTBALL, victory is ours.

There isn't a QB alive who can play his best when there's consistent pressure up the middle. Getting it isn't as easy as it sounds, although SF probably has as good a shot as anyone.

The Patriots defense IS porous (though it has been better lately) but 'pounding the rock' is not the way to exploit it. NE has a top-10 rushing defense, and a bottom-5 pass D.
Share 49ersWebzone