LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers vs Patriots ; How do the 9ers matchup ? Updated

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who would cover who ?

Run game would be held in check surely but Welker and the their TE would command alot of attention.<br />

Who would cover the TE's? Bowman and Willis on each, Brown on Welker ?

Ø Dont let the Houston Game fool you. I live in Houston and watch these frauds play every week.

· Houston has no LB's. No speed and no depth on their front 7.

· Brian Cushing is on IR and his back up is also injured. so they had 3rd string out there.

· Brady James - is a poor man's Takeo Spikes that was in charge of Hernandez most of the game.

Ø All they have is a fierce pass rush from the line. I

Ø f they dont get to the QB then the CB are f**ked and their LB 's are mismatched each time.

Im certain the 9ers will dominate this game with the performance of the LB's. Even if the pass rush is not coming each time, as long as the LB's keep up, their will be several 'coverage' sacks.

The problem will be Welker and the RB – Moorhead? Or something like that.

Amendola , Cruz and Harvin exploited a big flaw in the defensive scheme and Pats will use it each time if they don't find adequate coverage on Welker.
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Dec 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
We own the trenches in this one too! I honestly think we win this one on the road by atleast a TD if not two scores. The patriots lost to every good defense they've played this year outside of Baltimore and they haven't been the same without Suggs, and both Reed, and Lewis banged up at the time.
probably leave spillman on welker 1-1 and focus on gronk. chip him with aldon/brooks. then either willis/bowman/goldson/whitner go bracket.

if lloyd beats rogers......... it's just not our day.

when whitner was on the Bills the Patriots to attack him...... Nate Clements style................... FYI.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
probably leave spillman on welker 1-1 and focus on gronk. chip him with aldon/brooks. then either willis/bowman/goldson/whitner go bracket.

if lloyd beats rogers......... it's just not our day.

when whitner was on the Bills the Patriots to attack him...... Nate Clements style................... FYI.

spillman?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
spillman?

yeah he's the GOAT.

culliver!!
If Alex plays better than Brady NT will EXPLODE
not good because we seem to struggle against tight ends

in the first three games, we gave up 4 tds to tight ends

we clamped down after that, but havent gone against good offenses (aside from giants)

we did shut down scott chandler
Originally posted by jreff22:

This contributes nothing to the thread, which is about direct player matchups.

Then people get mad when every thread turns into an Alex Smith thread.

Anyway, I like the idea of Culliver one-on-one with Welker, Rogers on Lloyd and Willis on Gronkowski. As long as Whitner isn't covering Gronk, we should be good.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Anyway, I like the idea of Culliver one-on-one with Welker, Rogers on Lloyd and Willis on Gronkowski. As long as Whitner isn't covering Gronk, we should be good.
Sure it does. This game will be about passing and Alex will have to play some air ball....and looking at both teams D's, Alex has a great shot at doing well.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
We own the trenches in this one too! I honestly think we win this one on the road by atleast a TD if not two scores. The patriots lost to every good defense they've played this year outside of Baltimore and they haven't been the same without Suggs, and both Reed, and Lewis banged up at the time.

Ravens won that game

Rogers on Welker
Culliver on Hernandez
Brown on Lloyd
Willis on Gronk
Aldon on Brady
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erRider:

yah Jeff stop turning every thread into an Alex thread.
Brady can't handle blitzes up the middle. Move the launch point in his dropback and you'll disrupt his timing. I believe his pass protection is suspect. Eliminate Welker's drag route - that's Brady's security blanket. Roll high-low coverages towards Gronk. All the while doing what our defense does best - sound tackling with some (or a lot) punishing hits mixed in.

Offensively, we shouldn't have a problem with their porous defense. Pounding the rock consistently and effectively will keep Brady off the field and win us the T.O.P. battle. I like what Alex Smith is showing in terms of an economical passing game. If Harbaugh establishes 49ER FOOTBALL, victory is ours.
We are about to find out in this year's Superbowl!
Originally posted by verb1der:
We are about to find out in this year's Superbowl!

or in week 15, which ever comes first
Share 49ersWebzone