There are 227 users in the forums

Sergio Kindle cut by Ravens UPDATE: re-signed to their practice squad....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pick him up!!!! We could use the depth, and also nobody knows what he is capable of yet. We could have another stud LB!!!1
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
What's the knock on Kindle that they cut a first-rounder after one year?

He was actually a mid second rounder I think picked 47th overall, he was just the Ravens "first" pick of that draft. So he was second round pick and since then they've had other players emerge that outweigh the burden of getting him up to speed.

Remember he never played before this season, so he's only played in 1 NFL game since being draft 2 years ago. The Ravens are so stacked defensively that they can afford to cut losses with an early round pick so quickly. He isn't a bust by any means but I think the Ravens have just decided they can spend his roster spot on someone more important and as of now that is Terrell Suggs which is a no brainer of a move.
Ahmad Brooks 2.0
He was a monster at Texas and then fell down two flights of stairs and fractured his skull. Except for bad luck he's had no luck at all. Someone will pick him up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sign him

This
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
We signed Gooden after they cut him. why not take a chance on Kindle.

We actually tried to trade a conditional 7th for him out of fear of one of the other 6 teams ahead of us on the waiver wire at the time, we must've received some sort of assurance that he'd go unclaimed because we ended up snagging him for free.

Yes I remember this happening. Wouldn't mind signing him and cutting Haggans to get more on special teams and get younger for the future also.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sign him

This
Why ? Who is he talent wise
I can think of a couple high round 49ers picks we went wrong on that got cut or sold for cheap that other fans would have said, oh he was a high pick sign him. Ive got a Taylor Mays jersey to prove it lol. I wonder if they ever found Balmer is he still AWOL haha

Now its got me thinking about when we traded up with the Ravens for JJ Stokes, anyone remeber who the Ravens drafted. Im still upset about that
[ Edited by chrisernst82 on Oct 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
A close friend (and relative) of mine is a beat writer for the Ravens, and he said Sergio has never been the same since he fell. He said when he talks to him he's just out there, spacey.
Originally posted by chrisernst82:
I can think of a couple high round 49ers picks we went wrong on that got cut or sold for cheap that other fans would have said, oh he was a high pick sign him. Ive got a Taylor Mays jersey to prove it lol. I wonder if they ever found Balmer is he still AWOL haha

Now its got me thinking about when we traded up with the Ravens for JJ Stokes, anyone remeber who the Ravens drafted. Im still upset about that
We actually drafted JJ at #10 in the 1995 draft with a trade from Atlanta Thru Cleveland. Atlanta drafted Devin Bush A safety from Florida State and Cleveland took Craig Powell LB from Ohio State. We passed on Hugh Douglas and Warren Sapp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NFL_Draft

Originally posted by Janitor:
A close friend (and relative) of mine is a beat writer for the Ravens, and he said Sergio has never been the same since he fell. He said when he talks to him he's just out there, spacey.

Originally posted by 9erfan1:
Originally posted by chrisernst82:

We actually drafted JJ at #10 in the 1995 draft with a trade from Atlanta Thru Cleveland. Atlanta drafted Devin Bush A safety from Florida State and Cleveland took Craig Powell LB from Ohio State. We passed on Hugh Douglas and Warren Sapp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NFL_Draft

After a little fact check i found out ur right about Cleveland, i dont know why i thought Ravens who knows. I just remember trading away half our draft to get him at #10. But the fact check led me to check the draft for that year and it was garbage lol. At least Stokes did a little something Powell registered a whopping 1 tackle in his 14 game career i feel better now thanks.
Ravens got our pick next draft. They picked Ray Lewis in 1996

High price for Stokes and first example of Terry Donahue over valuing pac 10 talent
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Ravens got our pick next draft. They picked Ray Lewis in 1996

High price for Stokes and first example of Terry Donahue over valuing pac 10 talent

it was carmen policy, dwight clark and vinny cerrato in charge back in 1995 for that draft....terry D didn't join till 1999? or early 00's (bill walsh groomed him to be his successor)

also to clarify:

in the 1995 draft, 49ers traded up with the then cleveland browns to the #10 spot to get JJ stokes. in return the browns got the Niners late 1st round pick in '95 and '96....it was with the '96 pick gotten from the Niners that the Browns (who were renamed the Ravens when they moved to baltimore that year) drafted ray lewis
Well im back to being pissy about it lol cause i thought we traded with the Ravens when they drafted Lewis, i was only 14 but i could have sworn they got Lewis with one of our picks. This is why i usually just read everyone elses posts.

If He Could still do this shoot im down for him coming to the 49ers
Share 49ersWebzone