There are 161 users in the forums

2012 NFL betting thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oh and never bet on your team peeps!!!
Where do you guys bet? I just signed up with bookmaker
It was amazing how many people came in the game thread pissed as hell calling Harbaugh an idiot for doing the right thing because he didn't take a safety and cover the spread. Word of advice to anyone betting.... if it's -7.5 make sure you buy a point to get it to -6.5 and under a td unless you are really confident. 7.5 is basically 8 and 8 is basically 10 and winning by a TD and a field goal. I guess at times you win by 8 but it's more likely they win by 10. If you don't mind getting your money back buy .5 points and make it 7. If they win by 7 it's a push and I believe you get your money back. Still better just to buy the point and make it 6.5. I didn't like the spread either. Don't bet but I did years ago when the Colts would win 12+ a year and the NFL was a lot more predictable back then which made it easier. Now there is a lot more parity and to me it is much tougher to bet. Any given Sunday...
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Oh and never bet on your team peeps!!!

I have heard of people betting against your team but if you do that bet straight up. If you win money and your team losses I guess you feel better about the loss. If you lose money and your team wins you feel good but you are basically paying for the 9ers to win. Just don't do the spread because if your team loses plus you lose the bet you will feel even more miserable. Personally, I agree to not bet on your team at all. I didn't like betting because say you bet a on a team that should win like the Giants vs the Browns 2 weeks ago. Betting on the Giants would be tough because you obviously don't want them to win since they are in the NFC and fighting with the 49ers but then you think they will cover so you bet on them and are rooting for them. That's why I like not betting and then not doing nfl pickems or fantasy sports because I can root for the team to win that best helps the 49ers in the division or in the playoff race. No conflicts
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM ]
Niners -13
I made a $100 bet on the SF/ARI game while I was in Vegas for SEMA a few weeks ago. It was the only gambling I made money on!
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Wow, Texans are 16 point favorites over Jacksonville. I think that might be the highest I've noticed a spread this year.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Wow, Texans are 16 point favorites over Jacksonville. I think that might be the highest I've noticed a spread this year.

do it.
San Fran -7 this weekend.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Can you guys confirm or deny - Harbaugh is a legend in the betting community?

My friend said he is redic vs. the spread @ home

Originally posted by Garcia:
Can you guys confirm or deny - Harbaugh is a legend in the betting community?

My friend said he is redic vs. the spread @ home

i know the 9ers were (or close to) undefeated last season ATS last year......
49ers favored by 15 over Zona

GB favored 3.5 over Minny

Seattle favored 10.5 over I forget.

We should win, GB has a chance of losing. I don't see Seattle losing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we'll win fo sho, GB will probably lose. and don't matter to us what seattle does as long as we win.
Share 49ersWebzone