There are 241 users in the forums

*** WEEK 5 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/4 - 10/8 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Did Dilfer just say on ESPN that Drew Brees never had great weapons???

I didn't hear it, but I get what he's saying. Brees makes superstars out of his guys. Just like all top QB's do. Put their weapons on other teams and they are just regular dudes.
If I were a Chargers fan I'd be irate, they got absolutely raped by the refs in the last few minutes of that game, it just got ridiculous.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
lmao..2nd and 37
illegal contact 5 yard penalty automatic first down

It was only right, that pass interference call was one of the worst I've ever seen.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It was only right, that pass interference call was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Ya I know it just sucks to give up a 5 yard automatic 1st down penalty on 2nd and 37 lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I didn't hear it, but I get what he's saying. Brees makes superstars out of his guys. Just like all top QB's do. Put their weapons on other teams and they are just regular dudes.

Yeah Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston & Darren Sproles are pretty much average players Breese turns into pro bowl types....
Originally posted by vaden:
Rodgers' play has severely dropped off. Yes, his OL is horrible, but it was pretty bad last year, too. Many of the sacks I've seen him take were entirely his fault, happening well after the snap. His pocket awareness is horrible at times.

Perhaps the Packers really miss Philbin.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston & Darren Sproles are pretty much average players Breese turns into pro bowl types....

It's not the 3 biggest superstars he's ever had that are the point. It's all the other guys like Devery Henderson, Pierre Thomas, Robert Meachem, ect.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by vaden:
Rodgers' play has severely dropped off. Yes, his OL is horrible, but it was pretty bad last year, too. Many of the sacks I've seen him take were entirely his fault, happening well after the snap. His pocket awareness is horrible at times.

Perhaps the Packers really miss Philbin.

Yep. Also think defenses have adjusted, much like they did after Peyton's insane 2004 season. He still went on to put up great numbers but nothing like that season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
It's not the 3 biggest superstars he's ever had that are the point. It's all the other guys like Devery Henderson, Pierre Thomas, Robert Meachem, ect.

Henderson and Meachem were top 50 picks... AKA guys drafted high because they had talent. Dilfer also said Tom Brady was also someone who won without great talent. That could be true, the last time they won a Superbowl there top three WRs were David Givens, David Patten & Deion Branch.
Polomalu has feel off. So much talk of him being one of the greats, but has been hampered by injuries

Trey Wingo on NFL Live about the game tonight said: "I the niners defense can give the Jets trouble, then the Texans defense definitely will, they are playing on a whole 'nother level."

Actually Trey, the niners are rated #1 in PPG and #2 in YPG, higher than the Texans on both counts.
The Niners are in a really good spot at this point. Just need to take care of business from week to week, and don't overlook our divisional opponents. We are clearly seeing the division with the best DL in the NFL. Just shows what a few dynamic DL can do to alter your team's fate. To combat great DL play, you need a solid game plan by the OC, and that will probably create the pecking order in the division as the season progresses.

Fun team to watch tonight, my favorite outside the Niners. The Texans have built a winner that is young, fresh, and should be there for some time. The Niners will need to get an infusion of young defensive talent down the road (the Texans have spent the last two first rounders on Watt and Mercilus), especially along the DL and secondary.

Texans really get after the QB, and don't need to bring the house. Of Watt's 7.5 sacks, 6.5 came with only 3 or 4 rushers. That really helps the back end of the defense. The Jets are really in big trouble tonight, unless they can connect on a lot of 3 step drops and see a lot of yards after reception.
I don't see how the Jets have even a glimmer of hope of winning this game
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I don't see how the Jets have even a glimmer of hope of winning this game

Yea.. Texans is a bad team to try and bounce back against, that said I'm still rooting for an upset!
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for BimmerKing.
Jets will win.
Share 49ersWebzone