There are 257 users in the forums

Would a super bowl win this year be marred due to the replacement refs?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have no doubt that we can win it all this year, I just don't want any blow back or whiners/haters saying that we did it with the help of replacement refs... The 49ers are known for dominating super bowl wins and we don't do asterisks........ Thoughts?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
don't curr. Refs cost us a ring last season.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This
eh I doubt the replacements will be here until then. As it is I think there is a rule that states and Im not 100% about it either that in order to officiate the superbowl a ref must have 5 years experience in the NFL. That being said I think the closer we get to that the more heat will be on the NFL to get a contract done with the refs

/internet
Originally posted by Fisherniner:
eh I doubt the replacements will be here until then. As it is I think there is a rule that states and Im not 100% about it either that in order to officiate the superbowl a ref must have 5 years experience in the NFL. That being said I think the closer we get to that the more heat will be on the NFL to get a contract done with the refs

oh ok I didn't know that, well they better hurry and get them back so they can knock the rust off
what are you talking about? they tried to give GB the game the first week and we still convincingly came out on top.
Nah. On a week by week basis, the better teams have been winning despite how bad the referees might have seemed. If the Niner's keep playing like they do, only delusional people would believe we made it all the way to the Super Bowl and win because 'the refs helped them".

Besides, it won't matter in the long run. If the Niner's do win, the story of it won't be about how they won during a season with replacement referees, it will be about the story of Harbaugh completely turning this team around, Alex Smith's comeback, and how the great players on our team got the ring they deserved. The haters will have to suck on that.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
No matter how bad the reffing is, most fans forget about it in a few months and just recognize whoever won as the champion. Think about the Steelers/Seahawks superbowl or that Lakers/Kings wcf.
Originally posted by Bodhi:
No matter how bad the reffing is, most fans forget about it in a few months and just recognize whoever won as the champion. Think about the Steelers/Seahawks superbowl or that Lakers/Kings wcf.

Most seahawks fans disagree

That rule is in place to reward seniority. You can be assured that rule would be put aside as long as the replacements are in.

Only jealous ass hats will say the win would be tainted. Hell the every game can be asterisked. Remember good teams over come bad officiating.

that's true. the whistle did not blow until the ball came out.
Originally posted by kingairta:

That rule is in place to reward seniority. You can be assured that rule would be put aside as long as the replacements are in.

Only jealous ass hats will say the win would be tainted. Hell the every game can be asterisked. Remember good teams over come bad officiating.

I think the rule is meant to weed out refs with less the 5 years experience for the big game. Not reward seasoned officials.
It will if a bad call happens in a championship game or the super bowl which leads directly to the wrong team winning.
Share 49ersWebzone