LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

*** WEEK 3 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/20 - 9/24 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:

.be

Lol Im sure he's not the only one.
jennings never had his feet on the ground as tate grabbed the ball and also got possession. how can you call that an interception 10 feet in the air? 2 feet on the ground guys.
Originally posted by schmons:
jennings never had his feet on the ground as tate grabbed the ball and also got possession. how can you call that an interception 10 feet in the air? 2 feet on the ground guys.

He came down with it as well. There is a snap shot of him hugging the ball and Taint reaching in for it.

Everyone clearly saw it knows it was a crock of s**t.

Anyone with two eyes saw him grab it.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM ]

Tate didn't even have both hands on the ball, he let go as he was going down while Jennings held on, kept the ball to his chest and with both hands on it....an interception doesn't get anymore clear cut than that.

Tate did not maintain possession going to the ground, he took one hand off...... even before that, one hand was one jennings hand.

forget simultaneous catch, Tate NEVER had full control of the ball. Jennings had both hands on the ball, went to the ground, and brought the ball to his chest.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Tate did not maintain possession going to the ground, he took one hand off...... even before that, one hand was one jennings hand.

forget simultaneous catch, Tate NEVER had full control of the ball. Jennings had both hands on the ball, went to the ground, and brought the ball to his chest.

you guys gotta put the call into perspective. real time and in person, its tough to tell who came down with it and who had possession or if he had 1 hand or 2 hands on, but it wasn't an interception when Jennings caught the ball initially at the top of his jump. we're all making this call based on the multiple slow-mo replay we have seen of the game. The ruling on the field was made and it was tough to over-turn with that evidence.
I'm VERY curious to hear what Mike Pereira thinks of this play.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I'm VERY curious to hear what Mike Pereira thinks of this play.

Mike Pereira thinks he should have KNOCKED THE f**kING BALL DOWN
I guess this is the biggest point of disagreement..

I feel 1 hand like tates equals simultaneous possession. I do not care that his 2nd hand comes off becausethat left hand was there the whole time until Jennings landed on tate and startedto pull the ballaway. I just watched it on NFL network and it strengthens my belief that this was not a horrible call by that official.

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

I feel 1 hand like tates equals simultaneous possession. I do not care that his 2nd hand comes off becausethat left hand was there the whole time until Jennings landed on tate and startedto pull the ballaway. I just watched it on NFL network and it strengthens my belief that this was not a horrible call by that official.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM ]

i agree

i agree

I just watch FOXNews....did you know Obama is an illegal alien Muslim?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

i agree

I just watch FOXNews....did you know Obama is an illegal alien Muslim?

i just watched it again, seems like tate had his ass and the ball clutched to his body as his bum was on the ground before jennings gets 2 feet on the ground or anything that would represent a catch (possession and 2 feet on the ground or some sort of body part other than the hand)

i agree

By rule the play is till the reciver comes down and maintains possession. And as you said, "jennings came down with it and had possesion." So he went up to grab it and came down with it. Thats an INT. two refs were right there and the back judge had the best view and he called it an INT. the real refs would have at least talmed it over. These guys are just way in kver their heads. Thats a clear INT live, slow mo and in person. At best they misinterpreted the simtanous possessiom rule. At sorst they actually thought Golden Taint caught it.
Share 49ersWebzone