There are 143 users in the forums

*** WEEK 3 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/20 - 9/24 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
^^^^^^^^^ in 30 years this will be where were you when "it" happened

lol

Seriously, my dad is saying this is the worst thing since the 'Tuck Rule', and the 1987 lock-out.
http://www.kcoy.com/story/19629461/referee-behind-controversial

Referee Behind Controversial Ending to Monday Night Football is from Santa Maria

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 12:29 AM CDT Updated: Sep 25, 2012 12:30 AM CDT

By Brittany Silverstein

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - A replacement official from Santa Maria is now at the center of controversy over the Seahawks' 14 to 12 win over the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football.

Santa Maria resident Lance Easley was a side judge on the field when it all happened. Russell Wilson threw a 24-yard touchdown to Golden Tate at the end of the game. He scrambled, then threw it to the corner of the end zone when the clock expired. Wilson started wrestling with M.D. Jennings for possession.

Easley ran toward the players and then ruled it a touchdown. After reviewing the game, referee Wayne Elliot told the crowd "the ruling of the game still stands."

Easley lives in Santa Maria. He referees for junior college football and basketball games. He also is the president of the Los Padres Basketball Officials Association.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
In the picture Dr Bill Walsh just posted I don't see where Tate's left hand could have been in order to have ever had clear possession of the ball, when the catch was made and during the fall to the ground.

That picture is long after they had been having a tug of war for it.

no it's not
If this game costs us a spot in the playoffs or the division there will be he'll to pay
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

This is right after they fell and you can see it was just before and right when the officials made the call. So you are wrong

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Also I have said it was the wrong call. But I have seen worse.

whats been worse?

Off the top of my head

The tuck rule
rices fumble against the cowboys
Bradshaw's non fumble
Zora Bikangaga ‏@ZoraBikangaga I'm sure Golden Tate will be proud to tell his grandkids that he gave the most famous reach-around in NFL history #MNF
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Packers fans should take out a one page ad in a Seattle newspaper with this pic.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

This is right after they fell and you can see it was just before and right when the officials made the call. So you are wrong

This is after the refs already ran in. After they were wrestling for it.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

whats been worse?

Off the top of my head

The tuck rule
Bradshaw's non fumble

All of these calls are terrible, lets not forget the Ed Hochuli screw up when Jay Cutler with the Broncos lost the ball and what not
Originally posted by jreff22:

whats been worse?

Off the top of my head

The tuck rule
Bradshaw's non fumble

refs make bad calls, but these dumb asses are blowing big ass donkey d*ck continuously throughout the entire season.

....and then to get the call wrong AFTER a replay.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
refs make bad calls, but these dumb asses are blowing big ass donkey d*ck continuously throughout the entire season.

....and then to get the call wrong AFTER a replay.
I do not believe they could have changed that call. It is like the old pushed out of bounds or the current forward progress. It is a discretionary call.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'm angry and appalled at this, could you imagine the reaction in here if the 49ers lost in this fashion? Holy s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone