There are 155 users in the forums

What does it take to win a superbowl?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Having someone other than Al Davis picking in your draft.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Health
Talent
Coaching
Luck

Also, IIRC Bill Walsh said you pretty much also need 3 Hall of Famers (playing in their prime) leading your franchise to really have the upper hand, come Championship time.

I believe him.

Sounds about right.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So me and my friend (Who is a Raider fan) were having an argument about Alex Smith. He says Alex will hold us back because he is not an elite quarterback but I said that the way the niners play doesn't require him to have those amazing numbers in order to win big games. So zone I ask you, do you truly need an elite quarterback to win a superbowl?

He is elite now. He's been playing like Montana of the 80's, completing short west coast offense type passes....AND WINNING. But you do not need an elite QB, ala Trent Dilfer of the ravens.
stopped reading after raider fan lol
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Health
Talent
Coaching
Luck

Also, IIRC Bill Walsh said you pretty much also need 3 Hall of Famers (playing in their prime) leading your franchise to really have the upper hand, come Championship time.

I believe him.

Sounds about right.

There's a pleathora of insights he espoused, and that notion stuck with me as much as any. Thank the heavens, he was all ours.
Seriously, you have to have a team that can beat every other team until there's no one else left to beat, BOOM!
Andrew Luck has what it takes to win many Super Bowls.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Andrew Luck has what it takes to win many Super Bowls.

Maybe, but only if the team improves. No qb was ever good enough to win it on his own.
I would think you'd have to score more points then your opponents.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I would think you'd have to score more points then your opponents.

this and go undefeated in the playoffs, that gets the job done 9 times out of 10
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]

Talent, Luck (not the qb though it couldn't hurt), and coaching.
An elite QB
Eddie D
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Eddie D

ok ok Jed Y
No you don't need an elite QB BUT it sure helps.

Dillfer won w/ Ravens and he certainly wasn't elite.
Share 49ersWebzone