LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Which coach gets fired this year?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by strickac:
Riviera (Carolina): they're spiraling down.
Fire Chud, OC, in first place. Imo, they have all the pieces they need to have a very good offense but it doens't click very well. Rivera is defensive-minded guy...yes, the have a lot of issues on this side of the ball, too but there is way too little talent to fix this within a year or two.
Crennel (KC): another coach that needs to realize they're best as a coordinator
Perhaps you are right about that but the bigger problem is Pioli, imo. He held too long on the previous HC, forgot his name...and he is holding too long in Cassel.
Mularkey (Jax): the team is just a mess
He is there the first year...how is the mess his fault??? The GM should be fired first and the new guy should draft a new QB.
Shurmur (Cleveland): making progress and Haden will help when he returns, but the losses are mounting
Another GM-Problem. McCoy has got too little talent...everyone knew this at draft time. It was Holmgren's fault.
High profile firing: Garrett (Dallas): the team is loaded with talent and still can't win. Garrett was supposed to be the guru on offense and that's where there problems begin
Yes, think the same.
Spared: Schiano (TB): he seems to have a plan, but they're off to a disappointing start
Could happen but I am not a fan of first year-firings at all. At least no on the basis of results in the league.
Usual suspect: whoever is coaching the Raiders at the moment
Seriously, that team is in complete rebuilding mode. Getting another new coach wouldn't help them at all.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Riviera (Carolina): they're spiraling down.
Crennel (KC): another coach that needs to realize they're best as a coordinator
Mularkey (Jax): the team is just a mess
Shurmur (Cleveland): making progress and Haden will help when he returns, but the losses are mounting

High profile firing: Garrett (Dallas): the team is loaded with talent and still can't win. Garrett was supposed to be the guru on offense and that's where there problems begin

Spared: Schiano (TB): he seems to have a plan, but they're off to a disappointing start

Usual suspect: whoever is coaching the Raiders at the moment

considering where these teams have been in recent years, I cannot see that happening at all... well okay maybe Jacksonville since their new Owner wants to win now! And could toss big money at Gruden or Cowher ect... well then again, after the past 10 years and all of the coaching changes anyone is game!

I do expect a surprise firing though whomever that may be
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Really - and not to argue - Al is long gone ... I think Reggie Mc, will give Dennis Allen, just a 'lil longer to get this team turned around.

I'm feeling you on this one. Even if they make the Playoffs - which means they MUST win the division, due to the overall strength of the NFC
- the Powers-that-Be in Philadelphia, might decide that Enough-is-Enough ... and move in another direction, in regard to the head coach and staff.

and that would be the dumbest thing in eagle history. They will revert into a non relevant team...

Unless you have a crystal ball how do you really know? It's quite possible Jeff Lurie could land a Harbaugh type guy for their next coach.
Stranger things have happened. I didn't say I wanted it to happen ... my stating that "I'm feeling you on this one", was/is, another way
of saying, I can relate to your point of view. Marty Schottenheimer went 14-2 in San Diego, and STILL got CANNED. Anything is possible.

How long do you think Jeff Lurie will continue to be patient ... how many seasons has it been to date? Again, not advocating this move,
just understanding that it is not as a remote an idea, as you made it seem. I listen to 97.5 The Fanatic, with some regularity ... the mood
in Philadelphia with regard to Andy Reid, is more in line with this:
Originally posted by Janitor - "End of the line for Andy Reid".

Add to the equation, that many a fan' Love Affair with Vick is So OVER. This is not a recent sentiment I speak to. IMO, Michael Vick,
bought Andy some time - a reprieve so to speak - however, the Honeymoon in the City of Brotherly Love is over and done with, as far as
that city and most of it's fan-base are concerned.

Consider this if you will ... how long, do you think our beloved Eddie D, would have put up with Bill Walsh, had he amassed a similar track
record to that of Andy Reid'? As an ex-Falcons coach was known to say the NFL, stands for Not For Long ... especially in today's game,
when it's all about the Super Bowl ... after a while, just winning here and there, just isn't enough.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Oct 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I say it every year, but this is the year -- Norv Turner.

Yep, a long time coming, really.

that's actually a good answer.

Norv Turner and Chan Gailey. Everyone had high expectations coming into the season for the Bills. Norv is pretty much 11 wins or fired. Maybe even Jason Garrett. kinda be interesting to see who gets booted first though. Romo or Garrett.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Locks:

Pat Shurmur (0-5)

On the Bubble:

Chan Gailey (2-3)
Ron Rivera (1-4)
Romeo Crennel (1-4)
Jason Garrett (2-2)
Andy Reid (3-2)
Norv Turner (3-2)

Sleepers:

Rex Ryan (2-3)
Jim Schwartz (1-3)
Norv Turner! I said it at the beginning of the year. If they don't win a playoff game he's done.

Chan Gailey is out too. Buffalo is a total mess.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Norv Turner! I said it at the beginning of the year. If they don't win a playoff game he's done.

Chan Gailey is out too. Buffalo is a total mess.

Gailey has got to go....they have waaaaaay too much talent on Defense to be dead last.
  • bors
  • Veteran
let swartz go to stl def coord.beat his ass 2 times a year
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Really - and not to argue - Al is long gone ... I think Reggie Mc, will give Dennis Allen, just a 'lil longer to get this team turned around.

I'm feeling you on this one. Even if they make the Playoffs - which means they MUST win the division, due to the overall strength of the NFC
- the Powers-that-Be in Philadelphia, might decide that Enough-is-Enough ... and move in another direction, in regard to the head coach and staff.

and that would be the dumbest thing in eagle history. They will revert into a non relevant team...

Unless you have a crystal ball how do you really know? It's quite possible Jeff Lurie could land a Harbaugh type guy for their next coach.
Stranger things have happened. I didn't say I wanted it to happen ... my stating that "I'm feeling you on this one", was/is, another way
of saying, I can relate to your point of view. Marty Schottenheimer went 14-2 in San Diego, and STILL got CANNED. Anything is possible.

How long do you think Jeff Lurie will continue to be patient ... how many seasons has it been to date? Again, not advocating this move,
just understanding that it is not as a remote an idea, as you made it seem. I listen to 97.5 The Fanatic, with some regularity ... the mood
in Philadelphia with regard to Andy Reid, is more in line with this:
Originally posted by Janitor - "End of the line for Andy Reid".

Add to the equation, that many a fan' Love Affair with Vick is So OVER. This is not a recent sentiment I speak to. IMO, Michael Vick,
bought Andy some time - a reprieve so to speak - however, the Honeymoon in the City of Brotherly Love is over and done with, as far as
that city and most of it's fan-base are concerned.

Consider this if you will ... how long, do you think our beloved Eddie D, would have put up with Bill Walsh, had he amassed a similar track
record to that of Andy Reid'? As an ex-Falcons coach was known to say the NFL, stands for Not For Long ... especially in today's game,
when it's all about the Super Bowl ... after a while, just winning here and there, just isn't enough.

Yeah that stuff.

Speaking as someone who lives in partially in Eagles country, I can tell you fan opinion of the team is very low, and most of that blame goes straight to reid and/or vick.

I think Detroit has taken on the identity of their coach. Schwartz is a solid coach but I think he needs to get control of his team. They need to all show some more discipline on and off the field. He should set a better example and also start punishing guys who do stupid things on and off the field. If he doesn't get control soon they could end up like the Bengals. So I start with that and then in the draft try going secondary for once. It's been a weakness for a long time and they haven't really addressed it besides Delmas.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Should be Jason Garrett. No coach has underachieved more or choked more in clutch situations. Not calling a timeout so they could run another play before the fg attempt was inexcusable and hilarious.
Ryan, Reid and ......Raiders.
was expecting to see some douche post harbaugh after i saw all the knee jerk reaction threads. good job zone, faith in humanity: restored
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Jim Harbaugh.
Share 49ersWebzone