LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 332 users in the forums

Sources: Maurice Jones-Drew open to trade!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Amir's uncle don't care.

This. I agree with unk. I'm next in line to take over the Jags.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
green bay would be a great fit for him. they could be scary with the ground game

would they have the cap space for him???

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/6/23/3112873/green-bay-packers-cap-room

as of June ~$11 mil
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This is a new owner showing you cannot bully him around. Good for him. Jones will have to report or not get paid. Jags said no raise, no trade basically. You have no options. He has already been paid 21 million on this contract. He is getting fined $30,000 a day right now and so far he has lost almost $800,000. Sooner or later he better realize he is losing serious coin.

if he ends up getting a new $10 mill a year contract because of the holdout, he makes the money back money lost in 2013, and then is on the positive side again in 2014 until he retires/holds out again/resigns elsewhere.

worst case scenario he breaks even (over the next two seasons). i'm assuming he has enough money in the bank to rest for a year. if he gets cut, someone else will sign him.

(not condoning his actions btw)

Agree, if it happened. What I am saying is the new owner said he isnt paying or trading, so it ends up being fiscally stupid. And I believe this guy. We will see if he caves, but I dont think he will.
i think MJD would be the type of person who would take a slight play cut to play for a better team. I honestly see him going to the packers or pats..
[ Edited by denali22 on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by denali22:
i think MJD would be the type of person who would take a slight play cut to play for a better team. I honestly see him going to the packers or pats..

Packers don't make trades like that. They build through the draft.

Patriots don't need him.

Atlanta, Detroit, New York Jets... though Atlanta is still recovering from the Julio trade.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Patriots don't need him.

Atlanta, Detroit, New York Jets... though Atlanta is still recovering from the Julio trade.

Packers don't make trades like that its true, but this is like payton manning, your going to at least evaluate him. An considering they are the worst running team in the league, with the best passing offense, you make that move for MJD an you just added number one running back in the league. If they make that move there in the superbowl. I mean this could be like the colts trading faulk off to the rams. This is very scary moment for us, if he does get ship off to an nfc team like the packers. But i don't think the owner will trade him, I think this guy has balls, even if he does he won't give him to an afc team. Really, the only move MJD has is to pull palmer and say he will just retire.
Hunter >> MJD

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

Patriots don't need him.

Ya seems like something the Jets would do
or the Redskins
I think hunter and james will be the replacements to gore. An will look for a big back that can get the short yards.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Hunter >> MJD

nobody is tr4ading for dude. it's a new day and teams aren't gonna be paying running backs 9 million a year. Only a very select few,

Patriots don't need him.

ATL? Micheal Turner and that midget kid with the dreds from last years draft are their backs, I can see Detroit or NE, MJD wouldnt wanna play with Tebow
I was screaming for us to get him when he entered the draft. Can you imagine Gore and MJD as a one two punch?

If it is in the budget, I would love to have him. Maybe include a trade with LaMike? Provided he pre negotiates with the niners on the contract.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]
3 way trade

Jags get our 1st round pick and Colin Kaepernick
Patriots Get Anthony Dixon and Randy Moss
49ers get MJD and Tom Brady
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
3 way trade

Jags get our 1st round pick and Colin Kaepernick
Patriots Get Anthony Dixon and Randy Moss
49ers get MJD and Tom Brady