LaDainian Tomlinson retires

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Garce
  • Veteran
RIP
LADY TOMLINSON
  • Paul
  • Veteran
wasn't he kind of a pain in the ass his last several years with the Chargers? Regardless he helped so much in transforming the Chargers after the entire Ryan Leaf thing. Great, pure player sad to see him go
Being 22 years old, I feel like LT is the best non 49er and non QB player I got to watch growing up from when I really started to love the NFL. Ray Lewis is that defensive guy for me. I loved LT in fantasy football and was hoping he got a ring in 2010 with the Jets. What a great career and first ballot HOFer
Great player. It's time, but great career.
Chargers Career =

vs. Raiders Career =

LaDainian Tomlinson did it against 8 man fronts!!
Wish him well. Too bad he never got the opportunity to play in the big game.
One of the main dudes responsible for bringing the Chargers back from the dead. It was a pleasure watching him play.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he was really good
Damn, Tony K. just checked LT, saying he's remembered for sitting on the sideline, with his visor down, during a playoff game, while Phillip Rivers was still out there with a torn ACL. Said he's not Top 5, but is up in Roger Craig's class but without rings.

LOL not disagreeing LOL
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
One of my favorite non-Niners. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

this.

My Favorite non 49er player. First Ballot for sure.
f**k tomlinson
people are debating if hes a top 5 RB in NFL history. thoughts?

I have (in no particular order)

barry sanders, jim brown, walter payton, emmitt smith, and 5th is debatable between, dickerson, simpson and faulk off the top of my head. does tomlinson unseat any of them?
Originally posted by denali22:

barry sanders, jim brown, walter payton, emmitt smith, and 5th is debatable between, dickerson, simpson and faulk off the top of my head. does tomlinson unseat any of them?

IMO, and he is my favorite non niner, no he is not top 5. But he is/was far and away the best RB of the modern era.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by denali22:

IMO, and he is my favorite non niner, no he is not top 5. But he is/was far and away the best RB of the modern era.

he may be top 5

other than barry sanders and jim brown it is very debatable who is up there and LT is definitely in th e conversation
Share 49ersWebzone