LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Best ILB duo in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets

Best ILB duo in the NFL

Kuechly and Beason will be a pretty good duo, but we still have the best.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
us and no homer.
Willis and NB ....... Might be the best tandom....in well....at least the
Last 20 years.

I am not alone in thinking NB given his role on defense out played Willis last year....and that's kinda scarey....
Originally posted by Disp:
Demarcus Ware and Troy Polamalu are definitely the best ILB duo in the league.

not even on the same team. cmon (.)(.) -B + N - S
Has to be Bowman and Willis. At a distant second is Urlacher and Briggs (when Urlacher is healthy).
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Last 20 years.

I am not alone in thinking NB given his role on defense out played Willis last year....and that's kinda scarey....

No one wants to say it, but it's true. I agree that Bowman had a better season than Willis (in part due to injuries), Pat is still the better all around player. Though it blows my mind knowing we have studs all over our defense. Just think about the All-Pro selections last year....Willlis, Goldson, Rogers, J. Smith, and Aldon Smith & Bowman should have gone IMO.
Niners Bowman and Willis are the best hands down
99% in favor of the 49ers! Shocking!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
99% in favor of the 49ers! Shocking!

LOL @ whichever goon voted Suggs as part of the best INSIDE linebacker duo in the league. This should be 100% in favor of the 49ers by default.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Last 20 years.

No one wants to say it, but it's true. I agree that Bowman had a better season than Willis (in part due to injuries), Pat is still the better all around player. Though it blows my mind knowing we have studs all over our defense. Just think about the All-Pro selections last year....Willlis, Goldson, Rogers, J. Smith, and Aldon Smith & Bowman should have gone IMO.

Bowman did make all-pro.

Originally posted by baltien:

'Gone' to what? Being an All Pro isnt a place. You realize that All Pro has nothing to do with being voted to the probowl, no?
Originally posted by BIGTHUNDER111:
Enjoy PW and NB while you can. I'm not sure we can afford to keep both for much longer. We'll be able to keep Bowman for 2012, under 1st round or exclusive restricted FA tender for 2013, and possibly one more year in 2014 with a franchise tag. After that, they'll have to decide between the aging FoF Willis and the younger Bowman.
The cold blooded decision would be to release Willis and extend Bowman in 2013 or 2014. We can't afford to pay both of our ILB's top money, especially if we somehow manage to extend J. Smith beyond 2013.

It wouldnt be hard at all two pay them both the money they deserve. Why would you RELEASE Willis? Even humoring your bad idea of not keeping both, why would you release a Patrick Willis and not trade him? But yeah, why you think its not possible to have two players on the same team who make top dollar, I have no idea. Its possible, its been done, its being done, it will continue in the future. You can find examples all over the league.
PW and NB are the reigning tag-team champs and I don't see anyone taking the belts from them for a good ten years. Only Luke and Jon Beason have potential BUT, seeing as how the Panthers run a 4-3 I'm sure they will move Beason to the outside opposite Thomas Howard.
Name another duo better than Willis and Bowman, for I believe the 49ers have the best linebacking corps in the NFL period.
..........................AND NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone