LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Top 100 Players of 2012

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think Alex makes it. Flacco and Tebow are wack....
1. Ranking players is dumb. There are so many countless factors than go in to a players performance that to make some definitive statement of one player being better than another with no room for argument is silly, and is just an opinion, not a fact.

2. Taking number 1 into account, possibly getting upset over someone else's opinion is even more dumb. Its a list, most of you disagree because you think every 49er is the best as their respective position. Who cares who NFL network thinks is the top 100 players in the league are?
Originally posted by belabartok:
1. Ranking players is dumb. There are so many countless factors than go in to a players performance that to make some definitive statement of one player being better than another with no room for argument is silly, and is just an opinion, not a fact.

2. Taking number 1 into account, possibly getting upset over someone else's opinion is even more dumb. Its a list, most of you disagree because you think every 49er is the best as their respective position. Who cares who NFL network thinks is the top 100 players in the league are?

Because it's the off season.
Kuhn should not be on there.
If Peyton Manning is on this list I'm going to be super pissed.
Originally posted by strickac:
Kuhn should not be on there.

this

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If Peyton Manning is on this list I'm going to be super pissed.

be ready to be very mad. If tebow made it, then manning needs to be on there.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Harbaugh

lol I thought about that too

My bet is:

Willis
Bowman
Justin Smith
Gore
Carlos Rogers
Ted Ginn
Aldon Smith

Vernon Davis is definitely a top 100 player. If he had more consistent quarterbacking he'd be the best TE in the league bar none. His playoff performance was incredible.
i love all the people in here that think alex smith should be on the list.. Tebow or not.. the broncos didnt have nearly the Turnover Ratio, Field Position, or small amount of points allowed that our D did. Tebow even tho shouldnt be on the list, actually earned all his comebacks, every one of them his team was trailing pretty much the whole game and he found a way to break tackles and get in the endzone. I am not a fan of Tebows and im not saying i would want Tebow over Alex Smith.. Because as of right now id rather have neither to be absolutely honest. Maybe Alex will fix his footwork and captain checkdown status and impress me this year.. ( i say this every yr and it never happens) But there is absolutely no way Alex is on this list. He is not even top 10 at his position nonetheless top 100 in the whole NFL.

The defense gave him every opportunity to succeed last year and they and David Akers are to thank for the 13 wins and trip to the NFC championship. Luckily Alex didnt blow the save (baseball terms) on the win vs the saints. No way with decent QB play that, that game is even close when your team forces 5 Turnovers. I will give it to alex he was able to manage to throw the least amount of INTs last season out of all Qbs but thats the way Harbaugh coached him.. Let the D put you in a good situation and minus turnovers by making smart throws.

I could see Andy Lee making this list with some of the other players they have been showing.. Special teams is a big part of the game, and with out Andy Lee booming them and pinning opponents deep, might have been a different story last season.
Kuhn shouldn't be on the list, but I still respect him because I saw him play in college (we went to the same school) and he was a monster of a RB.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Draftology:
lol I thought about that too

My bet is:

Willis
Bowman
Justin Smith
Gore
Carlos Rogers
Ted Ginn
Aldon Smith
Ted Ginn is not in the top 250 players in the NFL

After seeing the list so far I don't think he's on it, but I disagree that he isn't a top 250 player.

He's easily a top 5 KR, or did you forget his back-to-back TD's?

After seeing the list so far I don't think he's on it, but I disagree that he isn't a top 250 player.

After that he didn't score all year. He's a very good kick returner and an incompetent wide receiver. There are easily 250 players in the NFL I'd take over Ted Ginn. There are about 30 or so guys on the Niners alone that I would take over him
Does anybody know last nights additions?
Originally posted by Fricker:
i love all the people in here that think alex smith should be on the list.. Tebow or not.. the broncos didnt have nearly the Turnover Ratio, Field Position, or small amount of points allowed that our D did. Tebow even tho shouldnt be on the list, actually earned all his comebacks, every one of them his team was trailing pretty much the whole game and he found a way to break tackles and get in the endzone. I am not a fan of Tebows and im not saying i would want Tebow over Alex Smith.. Because as of right now id rather have neither to be absolutely honest. Maybe Alex will fix his footwork and captain checkdown status and impress me this year.. ( i say this every yr and it never happens) But there is absolutely no way Alex is on this list. He is not even top 10 at his position nonetheless top 100 in the whole NFL.

The defense gave him every opportunity to succeed last year and they and David Akers are to thank for the 13 wins and trip to the NFC championship. Luckily Alex didnt blow the save (baseball terms) on the win vs the saints. No way with decent QB play that, that game is even close when your team forces 5 Turnovers. I will give it to alex he was able to manage to throw the least amount of INTs last season out of all Qbs but thats the way Harbaugh coached him.. Let the D put you in a good situation and minus turnovers by making smart throws.

I could see Andy Lee making this list with some of the other players they have been showing.. Special teams is a big part of the game, and with out Andy Lee booming them and pinning opponents deep, might have been a different story last season.

Often down because of Tebows play in the first three quarters
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Draftology:

After that he didn't score all year. He's a very good kick returner and an incompetent wide receiver. There are easily 250 players in the NFL I'd take over Ted Ginn. There are about 30 or so guys on the Niners alone that I would take over him

He was 5th in the league last year in PR, 12th in KR, 13th in all purpose yards.

Yes he is a bad receiver, but 30 other Niners you would pick? C'mon man.
i
Originally posted by NextofKIN:
Does anybody know last nights additions?

heard chilo rachel was #67
Share 49ersWebzone