LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Steven Jackson to be traded?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope for his sake he does get traded, and gets traded to a possible contender. He deserves a shot at winning after wasting his career away with the rams.
Damn, I like our D playing against Jackson, we usually shut him down. Rather our D face him than Trent Richardson for the next 5 years
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I actually wanted us to draft him (Yes, even with Frank Gore on the roster. We got Rashaun Woods instead, which would have been the better pick??) - but at 29, with the wear and tear he's been through, he just doesn't have a fit with us. He is not a long-term replacement for Gore, and not a change of pace type back. He's a legit starter and getting paid as such.

Jackson is definitely a stud, its too bad he had to waste away in STL. It was Barlow we had on our roster when Jackson was drafted, Gore was the next year. Its too bad that Barlow had to fool us by rushing for 1000 yards as a part time starter the year before. If I remember right Dennis Erickson said he wanted to draft Jackson but Donahue said no because he just extended Barlow and wanted to trade down.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Adding Jackson with Gore would prolong each of their careers, create an intriguing competition and accordingly high-level play, and basically give us the best running game in the league bar none and perhaps one of the best ever IMO. I'd trade a 3rd for jackson, especially cuz we have Gore. That sounds ironic, but Jackson (or Gore for that matter ) by himself isn't worth more than a 4th at this point...but if it takes a 3rd to get him, its worth it because of how fantastic our offense would be at that point, at least on paper.
Sorry, but the Rams would never trade Steven Jackson to a divisional rival that ran away with the title last year. Why would they want to add more fuel to the fire, makes no sense at all.

i agree, they probably wouldnt do that. I was pretty much just saying I'd be down for it, even though its unlikely. Just fun to think about
bleacher report lol
Originally posted by ads_2006:
bleacher report lol
According to Evan Silva of NBC Sports, the Rams are looking to move Jackson during the draft.

Evan Silva @evansilva
#Rams will shop Steven Jackson during draft, but $7M base in '12 & '13. So much wear on tires. S-Jax nets 4th-round pick, best case.
Originally posted by kronik:
Damn, I like our D playing against Jackson, we usually shut him down. Rather our D face him than Trent Richardson for the next 5 years

With our front 7, I am really not worried about any RB for the next several years. All of our players are young (minus Justin Smith), and guys like Aldon and Bowman are only going to get better.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by kronik:

With our front 7, I am really not worried about any RB for the next several years. All of our players are young (minus Justin Smith), and guys like Aldon and Bowman are only going to get better.

I like our chances too. All I'm saying is Trent is gonna be around for a while where as Jackson is getting older. RB's just dont last very long.

I would. Last year they threw 13 times incomplete in the redzone, put jackson in on one run they scored a touchdown finally. lol They have wasted him.
Packers maybe?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Always loved Jackson. Been my fave running back in league besides gore Since they both entered the NFL. Such a beast. Sign himf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could see him fit the Patriots, Packers & Bengals. Bengals would be a perfect fit
The hype surrounding Trent Richardson has reached an all new high. Richardson will be a good player but people have automatically assumed he's better than Peterson and Jackson. I keep hearing how "special" he is but I just dont see it. I see the power but I dont see the speed that players like Jackson and Peterson have at the their size. I just dont see Richardson or any running back worthy of a top 3 pick.
Share 49ersWebzone