LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Steven Jackson to be traded?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
If they really like Bradford this makes sense. Pair him up with a really good RB for the next 5-7 years. I would've thought they'd take a WR like Blackmon though.

Blackmon is going to Cle
Is he? I thought that Cleavland was going to draft Richardson
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I'll believe ya when me sh_t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
If they really like Bradford this makes sense. Pair him up with a really good RB for the next 5-7 years. I would've thought they'd take a WR like Blackmon though.

Blackmon is going to Cle

Dont see it, Colt needs weapons to throw to.

Blackmon is going to Cle

All talk in Cleveland is that if Richardson is there a 4 they will take him if they will look to trade out of the spot or take Maurice Claiborne. That is why Cleveland fans are so worried about St Louis trading ahead of them to get Richardson because I doubt they will take a WR. Remember Cleveland could of drafted Julio Jones at 7 last year and Blackman does not have the same talent as him coming out of the draft.
Adding Jackson with Gore would prolong each of their careers, create an intriguing competition and accordingly high-level play, and basically give us the best running game in the league bar none and perhaps one of the best ever IMO. I'd trade a 3rd for jackson, especially cuz we have Gore. That sounds ironic, but Jackson (or Gore for that matter ) by himself isn't worth more than a 4th at this point...but if it takes a 3rd to get him, its worth it because of how fantastic our offense would be at that point, at least on paper.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

Blackmon is going to Cle

All talk in Cleveland is that if Richardson is there a 4 they will take him if they will look to trade out of the spot or take Maurice Claiborne. That is why Cleveland fans are so worried about St Louis trading ahead of them to get Richardson because I doubt they will take a WR. Remember Cleveland could of drafted Julio Jones at 7 last year and Blackman does not have the same talent as him coming out of the draft.

Cant compare them until we see Blackmon play in the NFL. I know Cle fans that want a WR very badly and I agree. When Hillis was running great Cle couldn't do anything noteworthy and still struggled. The box will be loaded for any RB until they can throw down field.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
He's disgruntled?

Blackmon is going to Cle

Cant compare them until we see Blackmon play in the NFL. I know Cle fans that want a WR very badly and I agree. When Hillis was running great Cle couldn't do anything noteworthy and still struggled. The box will be loaded for any RB until they can throw down field.

I really think that Cleveland believes there are enough talented WR in the first 2 rounds that they can fill that need with there second pick in the first round and there second round pick. Richardson is the best offensive weapon on paper and the drop off at running back is huge after him, where WR there is only a slight drop off.
Originally posted by Janitor:
He's disgruntled?

I guess lol
If this trade with CLE causes the Rams to pass on Blackmon, does this mean that Floyd gets pushed further down? Daddy like.

Blackmon is going to Cle

I really think that Cleveland believes there are enough talented WR in the first 2 rounds that they can fill that need with there second pick in the first round and there second round pick. Richardson is the best offensive weapon on paper and the drop off at running back is huge after him, where WR there is only a slight drop off.

Blackmon-Fleener-Martin/Wilson

Tell me that wouldn't help Cle?

Blackmon is going to Cle

That's a good point, how about Richardson with the 4th pick and then Fleener at 22?

Blackmon is going to Cle

That's a good point, how about Richardson with the 4th pick and then Fleener at 22?

The Richardson Fleener then see what WR is available early second makes sense, I don't think the Browns are overly impressed with Blackmon He supposedly interviewed horribly when he visited Cleveland and seemed disinterested to play in Cleveland.
I actually wanted us to draft him (Yes, even with Frank Gore on the roster. We got Rashaun Woods instead, which would have been the better pick??) - but at 29, with the wear and tear he's been through, he just doesn't have a fit with us. He is not a long-term replacement for Gore, and not a change of pace type back. He's a legit starter and getting paid as such.

Blackmon is going to Cle

Still think Blackmon will be more dangerous...not guaranteed that Fleener is there though. Blackmon is the better weapon to score points and move the ball. If a healthy Hillis at 250 had issues what will Richardson do with a loaded box?

They passed on Bryant and Jones and missed on Green. They have always been a day late and a dollar short....time to get a guy.
Share 49ersWebzone