LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Greatest Jaguars QB Mark Brunell to Retire

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Even growing up as a Niners fan I loved watching this guy play. Another down to earthy guy with good character with class that is quickly disappearing in the NFL.

Good luck Mark!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/24/brunell-plans-to-pack-it-in/
[ Edited by English on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM ]
How is this guy gonna pay all the money he owes if he retires?
He could probably start in jacksonville right nao
  • Paul
  • Veteran
UPDATE 10:17 a.m. ET: Brunell claims on his unverified Twitter page that he's not retiring.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I thought he was already retired.
who?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

no kidding...wasn't he just on HBO for blowing over $50-million and having to file Chapter 11? i thought because he was a gringo that he would be much smarter with his $ - looks like Wal-Mart check out boy in his future
Originally posted by Janitor:
Even growing up as a Niners fan I loved watching this guy play. Another down to earthy guy with good character with class that is quickly disappearing in the NFL.

Good luck Mark!

I agree, although I always thought of him as the poor mans Steve Young back in his prime, still he was a solid qb for jags.
No I hate all quarterbacks that are number 8 and that are left handed that aren't named Steve Young. That 99 opener still haunts me.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by Janitor:

Good luck Mark!

I agree, although I always thought of him as the poor mans Steve Young back in his prime, still he was a solid qb for jags.

i thought the same thing
poor mans steve.
liked watching him play just cause he was a baller.

Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

nailed it!

Seemed like a good guy though and he was pretty tough. I liked him.

Gotta admit I had no idea he was still in the league though.
Originally posted by valrod33:

By signing with us
Originally posted by Chico:
no kidding...wasn't he just on HBO for blowing over $50-million and having to file Chapter 11? i thought because he was a gringo that he would be much smarter with his $ - looks like Wal-Mart check out boy in his future

It's not like he spent all his money on Lambos for his posse and making it rain at strip bars.

He made a few bad investments in businesses and lost his arse in the real estate market like a lot of Americans did.

Brunell, credited with assisting in the development of Sanchez, told the court he plans to be employed as an entry level sales representative for a company in the medical device industry, according to an affidavit. Leon Fowler, the vice president of the company, says he will pay Brunell $60,000 per year.

Man of man that guy is going to have to make some serious adjustments to his lifestyle...
I didn't know he was still in the league
"It's not like he spent all his money on Lambos for his posse and making it rain at strip bars. He made a few bad investments in businesses and lost his arse in the real estate market like a lot of Americans did."

I agree, however, rich people making huge, potentially risking investments WHEN THEY'RE ALREADY RICH is unnecessarily absurd.

Yes, he isn't Mike Tyson, Allen Iverson, or MC Hammer (see a common thread?), but it's still laughable.

Blake_Fever
Share 49ersWebzone