LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
LOL Pete Carroll you f*g

I really want to sweep those f**kers again this year. That would put Harbaugh 6-1 vs Carroll going back to college and really get into his head with some serious ownage.

Of course Shehawk fans are unhappy about Classy Pete's #19 ranking as well as Harbaugh's #7

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44539
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM ]
Switch him spots with his brother and I'll call it good
jim harbaugh should be no lower than 4.

#FACT

But i guess he has to prove it one more year to get the national respect that he deserves.
Is it just me or is Jeff Fisher RIDICULOUSLY overrated? He's got such a crazy good rep and I just don't get it. He had a winning record in just SIX of his 17 seasons as Houston/Tennessee's head coach. Only a THIRD of the time did he win more games than he lost. Even calling that mediocre is an insult to mediocrity. He obviously never won a Super Bowl and he only made the conference championship game twice. Again, in 17 years. There were 68 instances of a team making it to a conference championship game in that span. So the AVERAGE team made it more than twice (68/32 and even that's being generous since for much of his tenure there were fewer than 32 teams). Yet he only made it twice. Why is this guy considered such a coaching legend? Please, someone enlighten me.
I think he's a very good coach because I always felt like his teams overachieved. I think it was a good hire by the Rams, but ultimately, his fate will be determined on the talent level he has on the team.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
A coach taking over a 6-10 team and going 13-3 and getting a couple muffed punts away from a Super Bowl appearance? How is that only 7th best?
Originally posted by BobS:
A coach taking over a 6-10 team and going 13-3 and getting a couple muffed punts away from a Super Bowl appearance? How is that only 7th best?

Because people want to see it for multiple years. And they don't believe it yet (they are wrong). Also some on that list have won the Super Bowl (they have better QB's and offenses which make them look like a great coach).

Harbaugh is better than 7th. In a few years people will say he is #1. Book it....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Where would Sing and Nolan rank on this list.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
LOL Pete Carroll you f*g

I really want to sweep those f**kers again this year. That would put Harbaugh 6-1 vs Carroll going back to college and really get into his head with some serious ownage.

Of course Shehawk fans are unhappy about Classy Pete's #19 ranking as well as Harbaugh's #7

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44539

One of those s**thawk fans said this:

Quote:
I have a serious problem with any poll that rates Norv Turner ahead of Pete Carroll

Can't say I disagree with that though.
lol Andy Reid being over Harbaugh is hilarious.

Andy Reid has been a HC for over a decade, and he still cant manage the clock late in games.

Originally posted by Niners99:
lol Andy Reid being over Harbaugh is hilarious.

Andy Reid has been a HC for over a decade, and he still cant manage the clock late in games.

This post, Andy Reid is Highly Overrated. Jim should be top 5 IMO heading into 2012.

Bellicheck, Coughlin, McCarthy, Jim and John would be my top 5. I rank Mccarthy, Bellicheck and coughlin higher due to winning super bowl(s). Jim will get his soon.

I actually am perfectly fine with 2011 going the way it did, just shows we weren't ready IMO for the big stage. Plus the Ginn injury ultimately hurt us in the end. Glad we 1. Came out and won the division, 2. Made it to the NFC Title game, and 3. Proved we can hang with top teams. Now happy with offseason, could go any way in the draft. No major needs, could have all 22 starters currently on roster. I'm fine with Kilgore at RG.

We just need depth at OLB, FS, WR, maybe a CB if one is there that falls, possibly a ILB, but maybe not as it seems Grant is back for 2012 and RG competition.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
This post, Andy Reid is Highly Overrated. Jim should be top 5 IMO heading into 2012.

Bellicheck, Coughlin, McCarthy, Jim and John would be my top 5. I rank Mccarthy, Bellicheck and coughlin higher due to winning super bowl(s). Jim will get his soon.

I actually am perfectly fine with 2011 going the way it did, just shows we weren't ready IMO for the big stage. Plus the Ginn injury ultimately hurt us in the end. Glad we 1. Came out and won the division, 2. Made it to the NFC Title game, and 3. Proved we can hang with top teams. Now happy with offseason, could go any way in the draft. No major needs, could have all 22 starters currently on roster. I'm fine with Kilgore at RG.

We just need depth at OLB, FS, WR, maybe a CB if one is there that falls, possibly a ILB, but maybe not as it seems Grant is back for 2012 and RG competition.

Some depth at DE behind Smith I believe is necessary. The dude can't go all out forever. If there's a strong 3-4 DE available early in the draft they should pull the trigger IMO. Put him behind Smith to learn, come in every once in awhile to give Smith a rest, and ultimately take over in his 2nd or 3rd year.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Some depth at DE behind Smith I believe is necessary. The dude can't go all out forever. If there's a strong 3-4 DE available early in the draft they should pull the trigger IMO. Put him behind Smith to learn, come in every once in awhile to give Smith a rest, and ultimately take over in his 2nd or 3rd year.

agreed. My feelings.

a 3-4 end for future when Justin retires.
a FS a backup/safety in case of Goldson not back
a RG to compete
a WR to groom
backup at OLB
maybe another CB and ILB
and Just depth where needed.

Also maybe a NT off the future, and doesn't need to be all in 2012, span it over 2013 and 2014 also, we have picks(1st and 2nd) in each draft, so got time to work on it.
Typical.

I'm surprised those Niner haters even had him on the list.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
bottom 5:

32.Payton
31.Carroll
30.Schwartz
29.Rex Ryan
28.Mike Smith

youre crazy if you thik Sean Payton is the worst coach in the league. He's top 5

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
How Andy Reid is higher than JH after the 2011 season is beyond me.

9 years of success > 1 year of success
its very understandable, Andy Reid is an offensive genius

but i'd still rather have Harbaugh as our coach

My list would go
1. Belichick
2. McCarthy
3. Coughlin
4. our Harbaugh
5. Sean Payton
6. Andy Reid
7. Tomlin
8. Jon Harbaugh