LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kiko Alonso... If you disagree then you have not been paying attention to the NFL in general. The guy is everywhere on the field for a rookie.
Originally posted by xcfan:
kyle long, guard, bears.
he already imposes his will on defenders better than the great 49er guards iupati and boone. he's got HOF physical ability and is already showing glimpses of high-level veteran play, even after having so little lifetime game experience. by the start of his 3rd year, he's going to consistently grade out as the top nfl o-lineman, and challenge his dad for all-time greatness. a great pick for the bears.

who's your pick?

Howie, is that you?
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Kiko Alonso... If you disagree then you have not been paying attention to the NFL in general. The guy is everywhere on the field for a rookie.

Saw a little bit and was impressed.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I got a best friend that is a die hard Bills fan. I have watched three full games with him this year. This kid is going to be the real deal. He is very instinctive out there on the field and even the veteran players rave on him.

I got a best friend that is a die hard Bills fan. I have watched three full games with him this year. This kid is going to be the real deal. He is very instinctive out there on the field and even the veteran players rave on him.

Dudes legit. Really good LB, nice surprise out of Oregon
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I gotta say so too, good tackler and good in coverage.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Dudes legit. Really good LB, nice surprise out of Oregon

Yeah he plays like a top 10 pick instead of a 2nd rounder. I do not want to seem like I am throwing Eric Reid under the bus but I have been very impressed with him as well. He is playing way better than I expected. It looks to me he has the mentality side of the game panned out (which is one of the most important asset you can have turning professional). I am very excited for the kid but right now I give the nod to Kiko.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

reminds me of tatupu when he first came up
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

reminds me of tatupu when he first came up

Your right on the money good comparison!!! Lets hope hes not injury prone like him too.
Won't be Tavon Austin

Marcus Cooper Kansas City Chiefs CB

As the season goes on, teams are going to be asking their scouts about this promising young corner. Cooper has five passes defensed, one interception and one forced fumble in five games and one start -- which, by the way, is as many starts as he had at cornerback in college at Rutgers. The smart, strong Cooper has the kind of cover skills that are rarely seen in a rookie. He looks like former standout cornerback Al Harris, who wore the same number (31) as Cooper -- and happens to be his position coach with the Chiefs. Kansas City general manager John Dorsey and his staff earned their paycheck digging out this gem, who was released by the San Francisco 49ers after being drafted in the seventh round.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259709/article/kyle-long-kiko-alonso-up-among-rookies-tavon-austin-down

Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Eric Reid because I'm biased and ignorant.

+1.

Except... I'm not ignorant, I'm actually quite smart.
It's a push between Kiko and Reid...
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Won't be Tavon Austin

Marcus Cooper Kansas City Chiefs CB

As the season goes on, teams are going to be asking their scouts about this promising young corner. Cooper has five passes defensed, one interception and one forced fumble in five games and one start -- which, by the way, is as many starts as he had at cornerback in college at Rutgers. The smart, strong Cooper has the kind of cover skills that are rarely seen in a rookie. He looks like former standout cornerback Al Harris, who wore the same number (31) as Cooper -- and happens to be his position coach with the Chiefs. Kansas City general manager John Dorsey and his staff earned their paycheck digging out this gem, who was released by the San Francisco 49ers after being drafted in the seventh round.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259709/article/kyle-long-kiko-alonso-up-among-rookies-tavon-austin-down

LMAO. GTFOH!
Honestly I would HATE to have the Seahwaks schedule from here on out...

FIVE divisional games against teams who are pretty much built to beat them, that's why divisional games are so unpredictable. A bunch of teams who are designed to beat one another out for blood. Not to mention 3/5 games the Seawhawks are on the road.

They play the Giants who are miserable right now and pretty much only have pride to play for. At that point I'm sure they will be in no holds barred mode.

Week ten in Atlanta will be a very dangerous game, I'm sure the Seahawks will be out for revenge but with the Falcons season in dismay right now they will be either really desperate or really bitter at this point of the season.

The last five is crucial tho... home vs. NO (crowd will have little to affect against Brees, even more so once you consider he has the ultimate bail out in football with Jimmy Graham). After the Saints game on a short week they travel to the bay to play none other, and if everything goes according to plan we will be at max strength and out to inflict pain. After that ass whooping at Quest I see now way Jim lets up even if we get the lead early. Making matters worse if we do win, the Seahawks have to travel to NY to play a salty giants team that will be full of piss and vinegar. Next hurdle would be closing out the season against two division rivals who may or may not be out of the running for a playoff spot.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Chief:
I totally think we can and still have a good chance at the division.

As for the rest of the NFC, the Saints are the scariest team.

I'm actually worried about our home game against them because of how well they're playing. But you guys play them on the road. I guess it's fair since we played Indy on the road and you had them at home.

NO could sweep 49ers/Hawks, or they could lose both. Either way it will be great football.
Share 49ersWebzone