There are 132 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
barring injury, no way seattle loses the lead on the NFC west.

You mean that huge 1 game lead they have on us?

Yeah, if we can hold serve at home, we control our own destiny.

Plus, the Hawks have 3 of their next 4 on the road, including 2 division games.

I see us both being 6-2 at the halfway point.
Not worried. When the going gets rough the experience will kick in and the 49ers soar to a world title. Getting the WR's back will nail it.
The hawks have 4 more tough games out of 5
At atl
Minn don't really count
New Orleans
At sf
At nyg assuming they have improved. Cruz is a better Ty Hilton and the giants front 4 on the dl should be ok by then.

Niners have 3 more tough games
Seattle at our home
New Orleans away
Atl at our home but not too worried about that one

I think we finish 1 game ahead of them or else it goes to tie breakers
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'm rooting for the NFC Least winner to be 6-10. Extremely unlikely, but since Seattle making the playoffs at 7-9 wasn't enough to get the rules changed, maybe 6-10 is what it will take to get a sensible playoff system.

Haven't looked at the schedules, but pretty confident the seeding order will be Saints, Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, 49ers, Bears.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
kyle long, guard, bears.
he already imposes his will on defenders better than the great 49er guards iupati and boone. he's got HOF physical ability and is already showing glimpses of high-level veteran play, even after having so little lifetime game experience. by the start of his 3rd year, he's going to consistently grade out as the top nfl o-lineman, and challenge his dad for all-time greatness. a great pick for the bears.

who's your pick?

Eric Reid because I'm biased and ignorant.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Eric Reid because I'm biased and ignorant.

Originally posted by Chief:
I totally think we can and still have a good chance at the division.

As for the rest of the NFC, the Saints are the scariest team.

I'm actually worried about our home game against them because of how well they're playing. But you guys play them on the road. I guess it's fair since we played Indy on the road and you had them at home.
Boone>Long
Kiko Alonso for the Bills is one helluva linebacker. White boys taking the position back with him and Luke Keuchly in Carolina.

Sheldon Richardson is damn good with the Jets.

A couple of other safeties are playing lights out, too. Kenny Vaccarro and Tyran Matthieu.

However, I really don't think anyone is outplaying Eric Reid at the moment.

You probably just heard about him last night
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Guess you missed last nights game where Long had trouble opening up running lanes.

Iupati and Boone all day over Long. Announcers don't call the 49ers O-line the best in football for nothing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You probably just heard about him last night

Hence the thread date.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
i'll take little orphan annie before him... he can't hold a candle to Iupati/Boone, let alone find his way out of a wet paper bag
Originally posted by xcfan:
kyle long, guard, bears.
he already imposes his will on defenders better than the great 49er guards iupati and boone. he's got HOF physical ability and is already showing glimpses of high-level veteran play, even after having so little lifetime game experience. by the start of his 3rd year, he's going to consistently grade out as the top nfl o-lineman, and challenge his dad for all-time greatness. a great pick for the bears.

who's your pick?

6 games into the season and he is HOF?
Share 49ersWebzone