**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOL at this comment from a Packers fan.

I put an Eddie Lacy sticker on my IPhone 5, now it won't run
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lol chip lol
Does anybody give a s**t about this thread? lol
Half of the divisions either sucks so bad(East),or,have been prematurely wrapped up (South). So it will come down to the West and North fielding the most postseason teams.

Never seen anything this bad.

Can be assure us, the Saints, the Seahawks and the Packers will be going to the postseason. I'm thinking it is possible two teams may go in with either a .500 record or worse.

What do you think guys?
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM ]
The North has some contenders. Bears, Lions, and Packers could all be in the mix. Saints should run away with the South, but you never know. Falcons could hang in there even with their injuries, and the Panthers could go on a run.

I feel like the 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, and Bears will all make the playoffs. But I'm not sure who does it as a division winner and who does it as a wildcard.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
barring injury, no way seattle loses the lead on the NFC west.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that the Rams or Cardinals end up a trap-game, divisional games are just so difficult to predict at times.

Otherwise, our only hope to catch-up resides in weeks 13 (Saints), 14 (@49ers), 15 (@Giants). Count on Eli to have a random superstar game when least expected. . I still have hope!

• Chief
  • Veteran
I totally think we can and still have a good chance at the division.

As for the rest of the NFC, the Saints are the scariest team.
Originally posted by Chief:
I totally think we can and still have a good chance at the division.

As for the rest of the NFC, the Saints are the scariest team.

Agree about the Saints, although I believe they're as soft as they always were, and the 49ers will exploit this in their regular season tussle. I would hate to go to their dome for the playoffs, though. And I would especially hate to play the seahawks at the CLink in the postseason too, where they're practically unbeatable.
I think it will end up looking like:

Saints, Seattle/SF, Packers, NFCE 1st, Seattle/SF, NFCN 2nd

Like you said the NFCE winner and the 6th spot could be both around 8-8. I thought the NFC was much more loaded than the AFC and we'd have like 5-6 teams fighting for that last spot but so far the Rams, Vikings, Panthers, Bucs, Giants, Redskins, etc have let down so far. Only ones that seem worthy right now is the Bears and Lions and I expect them to drop a bit too.

As for the AFC I think it will look like this:
Broncos, Patriots, Colts, Ravens/Cinci, KC, AFCN 2nd/Miami/maybe Houston

I expect the Titans, Jets, Browns, and a few others to fall. Part of it is who they have played but I'll give them credit they are all better than I thought they would be.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]

Way too early to tell at this point. Come talk after Thanksgiving. Picture might be a tad clearer.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
NFC West - 49ers show their Power/Dominance
NFC East - Cowgirls - by default because the other teams suck so bad
NFC North - Packers -
NFC South - Saints - other teams suck - Home Field, hosting NFC Championship
She-Hawks got off to a fast start, will fall down later in year
Bears/Lions are pretenders - they might make it but will be first round knock outs

They aren't that good on the road. They could easily succumb to 3-4 losses on the road alone and maybe someone gets a flukey win at the clunk. It can happen. Wilson isn't playing great and Lynch might get suspended.
I think it's extremely possible that a 12-4 niner team will be going to Dallas to play their 7-9 team during the wildcard round.

You mean that huge 1 game lead they have on us?
Share 49ersWebzone