LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's just hard for me to understand how anyone "loved T.O. when he was with the Niners." Because, to me, he was a big complaining, whining a-hole. Can you imagine feeling slighted because Jerry Rice is getting all the press. Just shut the hell up and be happy you're on the same team as Jerry Rice. And can you imagine publicly embarrassing your own quarterback? Dude was horrible. Great athlete. Good (not great) receiver. Horrible person. Pathetic person.

And, now on top of all that, he's turned himself into a reality TV joke. I feel uncomfortable just watching or listening to him.

I was happy as hell when Terrell Owens was a 49er. Honestly I didn't blame him at times for his frustration, there were more times than not Jeff Garcia/Steve Marriucci pissed me off too. Problem is though, he (and the media didn't help either) blew his personality/antics up publicly, it also didn't help most 9er fans that he became a Cowboy thereafter.

I wish nothing but the best for Terrell Owens , hopefully we do see him redeem himself in the NFL one day.
No more TO threads (no1currs)! I did not love TO; I believe what was loved was his talent. He had speed, could get separation, and (sometimes) could catch the ball. His mouth and overall personality are what drove the wedge between he and the True Niner fans. The majority of people want to see what you do, not what you have to say . Talk is cheap. But in his case, turns out his talk was expensive in that it cost him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I was happy as hell when Terrell Owens was a 49er. Honestly I didn't blame him at times for his frustration, there were more times than not Jeff Garcia/Steve Marriucci pissed me off too. Problem is though, he (and the media didn't help either) blew his personality/antics up publicly, it also didn't help most 9er fans that he became a Cowboy thereafter.

I wish nothing but the best for Terrell Owens , hopefully we do see him redeem himself in the NFL one day.
I don't wish for bad things to happen to Terrell Owens or anyone else for that matter. He has brought everything on by himself and he didn't need the media's help. As a Niner fan, I appreciated his play, but after his head started exploding, I was continually annoyed with his behavior. It's the ultimate team game and TO's problem was that he was never a team player first. He became seduced with his own talent and it started to be all about him. And, I found this to be frustrating because the thing he really had to do is work hard on his hands - he dropped far too many passes. Even the Packers game for which we remember his amazing finish was a complete debacle - he killed drive after drive in that game with Steve Young passes clanking off of his stone hands. And later, when he started questioning Jeff Garcia's manhood, I just wanted him gone. When he publicly complained about Garcia's arm strength, I wanted someone on that team to tell him to shut the hell up. Because that is just not good for the team, no matter how good a player he was. And if anyone around here thinks the rest of the team was anything but embarrassed by his absurd performance art on the Dallas Star down there in Texas, you simply don't understand professional athletes. That was the most embarrassing thing I've ever witnessed on an NFL football field - how many thousands of Niner haters did he produce that day?

And please, no crocodile tears over his possible "personality disorders." There are millions of people struggling with personality disorders who haven't been given the natural gifts and opportunities that TO had dropped in his lap. There are millions of people struggling to make rent and pay for their medical problems who have never been lucky enough to get a ten million dollar contract to play ball. So, if you want to cry about TO, have at it, but he'll get no tears from me. Yes, I hope he gets his life together and doesn't end up worse off than he is already, but an NFL comeback? Dream on. He's had multiple chances and as last year's experiment with the Seahawks proved, he hasn't even taken the time to work on his hands. Forget it.
Originally posted by WesCosOff4Lyf:
Originally posted by pitseleh:
Your disgusted by the ill-wishes for TO, so it comforts you as a person wishing even worse to the people on this board? Sorry, that is actually disgusting. So please, check yourself.

First of all it's "You're" as in "You are".

Yes, people that send vicious attacks to these players for their personal decisions that are actually positive life decisions deserve a rude awakening. I'm glad you apologized because you should be sorry that you defend these ruthless attacks on TO, the person.

And I do appreciate that you asked nicely, but I've already been checked plenty as a young immature kid. One day you'll understand.

Life is bigger than this game that we all love. We sometimes lose sight of that and treat these athletes as if their only value to the world is their ability to catch the ball and run it in, etc. The fact of the matter is that TO has probably donated more to charities and done more good for the community that this entire message board combined. Gain a little perspective.

This has no relevance to the thread. Take a break.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
In '99 I went to the 49ers Luncheon at the Nikko Hotel.

I rode the escalator with TO (after the luncheon).

I was talking up how great he was (like most star struck fans would be lol).

The "yes maam", "no sir" from his rookie year were gone. He was very aloof even then. With people that paid a lot of money per plate to be there.

Jerry always worked as hard as he did when his father was throwing bricks to him. He ran the hill, because he was insecure about not being great.

Roger taught him that. TO was a phenomenal physical specimen, but I don't think he put the kind of time in that, say, VD has.

VD had stone hands but has hit the juggs machine with a vengeance over the years. He is more like Jerry than TO ever was. He cares about his craft
and busts his arse on his weaknesses.

VD is a great niner. TO could have been.

lol 2nd in all time receiving yards and 3rd all time in receving TDs says what
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
lol 2nd in all time receiving yards and 3rd all time in receving TDs says what

Yeah, with those kinds of numbers, you'd have to screw up pretty badly to not be a consensus first ballot Hall of Famer... and yet, it's questionable whether or not he will be. He'll get there, but it will probably take a couple tries. Think about that. Unbelievable, isn't it. They'll talk about his drop percentage, but mostly they'll talk about how he was a bad team mate and a "quarterback killer." To me, he's probably the most frustrating player I've ever seen in a Niner uniform because it could have been so, so much better.
Originally posted by FL9er:
He broke her collarbone, if you believe the baby momma.

He broke her collarbone...if you believe the police. She was taken to the hospital after the incident. Kinda difficult to fake a broken collarbone, I mean, I'm no doctor or anything...........
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM ]

AZ @ SF Week 6...
There is NO WAY we sign him back................

Oh....wait

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FL9er:
He broke her collarbone, if you believe the baby momma.

He broke her collarbone...if you believe the police. She was taken to the hospital after the incident. Kinda difficult to fake a broken collarbone, I mean, I'm no doctor or anything...........

ever stay at a holiday inn express? good enough
Bail him out and sign him
Damn why does it have to be a tards player. can't it be a seahawks guy next time?
Championship!
Can you imagine if the rams stayed put in 2012 and drafted RG3?

Kaep Wilson and Griffin III in the same division? Crazy too think this couldve happened lol

What were they thinkin!!!
Share 49ersWebzone