LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by sfout:
lol then I hope they draft Barkley or Jones. Something about Barkley annoys me and I just dont like Jones' game lol.

I can't see them drafting Barkley after the epic fail that is Matt Leinart.

USC QBs not exactly having the best luck in the NFL, are they?

yea but would you be that stupid just because of his school? If the cardinals are in the top 5 and Barkley is there they would take him. Only way another QB is in the picture is if Tyler Wilson has a elite season or if Logan Thomas becomes a Cam Newton/RG3 hybrid. I'm just saying after screwing up so badly in the post Warner era they will take the best QB available wherever they pick in the first 45.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
yea but would you be that stupid just because of his school? If the cardinals are in the top 5 and Barkley is there they would take him. Only way another QB is in the picture is if Tyler Wilson has a elite season or if Logan Thomas becomes a Cam Newton/RG3 hybrid. I'm just saying after screwing up so badly in the post Warner era they will take the best QB available wherever they pick in the first 45.

Me? I'm f**king retarded, so who knows what I'd do. Probably trade the pick for Tim Tebow.

You're right, though. I was just making fun of the Cardinals and USC QBs at the same time.

Also, I can't waste an opportunity to laugh at Leinart. Ha Ha, Leinart!

Now watch Skelton turn into an elite QB because I opened by big stupid mouth.
Good for him and good for us.

If he wasn't good enough to make our team then Baalke's doing a fine job.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Me? I'm f**king retarded, so who knows what I'd do. Probably trade the pick for Tim Tebow.

You're right, though. I was just making fun of the Cardinals and USC QBs at the same time.

Also, I can't waste an opportunity to laugh at Leinart. Ha Ha, Leinart!

Now watch Skelton turn into an elite QB because I opened by big stupid mouth.

oh i did not want it to mean you as in woodwo. I meant to type THEY. LOL my bad :X
Interesting Greg Cosell article on how the 49ers, Seahawks, and Cardinals contrast themselves to the rest of the league with running game and defense.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/07/31/9884/

Didn't include the Rams, but with Stephen Jackson you could argue they are similar to the rest.

While I hope the rest of the West have poor records, I do wish for them to have wins against some of these top notch teams to rattle them a bit.
i want the rams, seacocks, and cards to go 0-160 I know it's impossible, but still.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Sep 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Chief:
Lol, I don't know him, we've never hungout. I'm talking about his play on the football field. Last year he sucked, plain and simple, he was an average NT. You obviously believe the hype that lingered from his rookie season.

Lol how about knowing what position he plays before you say he sucks? He doesn't suck dude, your obviously one of his haters
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
oh i did not want it to mean you as in woodwo. I meant to type THEY. LOL my bad :X

Oh, I didn't take it that way, I was just f**king around. No worries!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Oh, I didn't take it that way, I was just f**king around. No worries!

i thought so but I wanted to make sure
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i want the rams, seacocks, and cards to go 0-160 I know it's impossible, but still.

• RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/01/the-full-list-of-saturday-waivers-claims/

The Seahawks tried to get Person too (see Colts list). I find this funny knowing how much Seahawk fans drool over their roster and Carroll's player evaluation skills.

Patriots supposedly put in a claim on Person as well.

Looks like he was a hot commodity.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Lol, I don't know him, we've never hungout. I'm talking about his play on the football field. Last year he sucked, plain and simple, he was an average NT. You obviously believe the hype that lingered from his rookie season.

Lol how about knowing what position he plays before you say he sucks? He doesn't suck dude, your obviously one of his haters

Sorry, DT, NT, you know what I was saying. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. You're obviously one of his lovers.

WeeeeeeWeeeeee
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Suh is an overrated dick, he is like Mr Marcus.

He's a premier interior defensive lineman whether you like him or not. Like I said, no team in the history of the NFL would trade a DT of his caliber for a running back.

His skill on the football field is highly overrated, if you like him or not. He is not a top 10 DT, he is slightly above average IMO.

your crazy

The Detroit Lions were ranked 23rd versus the run last year, Suh had 26 tackles and 4 sacks in 14 games... wow special.

In no order, DT's that could be argued or discussed better than Suh, I'm sure there is more I just don't know them.

Haloti Ngata
Jay Ratliff
Kevin Williams
Vince Wilfork
Geno Atkins
Richard Seymour
Marcell Dareus - IMO a much brighter future star.
Sione Pouha

Suh had a good rookie year and then disappeared, until he has a few consistent years I don't understand the hype.

Double standards of peace
suh=top 3 defensive tackle, PERIOD
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Suh isn't a NT and Detroit runs a 4-3 defense I believe

You can have a nose tackle in a 4-3.
Share 49ersWebzone