LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Drew Stanton is pissed the jets signed Tebow and is demanding a trade or release. He says he was promised the back up role a week ago and they just handed it to Tebow. Says he turned down bigger offers because he was promised the back up position with the jets.

This whole thing is going to blow up in their faces.

I would be pissed if I were him too. But nobody will give up a pick for him, so he is screwed I think.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
New proposed rules/changes for discussion at the NFL Owner Meetings March 26-28.

Trade deadline proposal to move back from Week 6 to Week 8.
Bills have proposed that replay official in the booth will make all decisions on instant replay.
Steelers have proposed modification for the horse-collar tackle rule, removing exception for quarterback inside the pocket.
Steelers have proposed that postseason overtime rule be used in regular season also.
Competition Committee proposed adoption of college rule for too many men on the field.
Competition Committee proposes including some defensive players within protection against helmet-to-helmet hits.
Competition Committee proposes automatic replay review of turnovers.
Competition Committee proposes 2-week delay of trading deadline and 90-player offseason roster
Competition Committee proposes moving final cutdown from Saturday to Friday, given that Week One starts on a Wednesday.
Competition Committee proposes significant change to injured reserve rules, allowing players to return in same season injured
Competition Committee proposed one roster exemption per team for a player with a concussion.

lol, at the steelers asking for horse collar changes.

Roster exemption for concussion is a good thing. This will get used a lot.
Former Eagles wide receiver Freddie Mitchell hasn't caught a pass since 2004, but he keeps finding ways to get his name in the news.

Unfortunately for Mitchell, his name keeps coming up because he's breaking the law. A couple of weeks after news of Mitchell's problems with the IRS comes word that he's currently in jail for failing to pay back child support. The Philadelphia Daily News reports that Mitchell is in an Orange County, Florida jail because of an Indiana warrant.

[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Mar 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM ]
hahahhaha come on Aikman.

"I think Tony already is a better quarterback than I was," Aikman said. "I know how quarterbacks are judged but as far as his play-making ability and the things that he is capable of doing, he is a far more athletic quarterback, capable of making more plays than I ever was able to. He has a good team around him and hopefully, and I believe this will happen, I believe that he will win a Super Bowl before he is done playing."
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

"I think Tony already is a better quarterback than I was," Aikman said. "I know how quarterbacks are judged but as far as his play-making ability and the things that he is capable of doing, he is a far more athletic quarterback, capable of making more plays than I ever was able to. He has a good team around him and hopefully, and I believe this will happen, I believe that he will win a Super Bowl before he is done playing."
in terms he stated romo is better
but tomo chokes too much that makes aikmen a better qb
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

And Aikman was a fart better decision maker. Its more than choking. He may be more athletic, but Aikman was a good QB. Romo is also, but Aikman was just being nice. He is just trying to defend the hometown QB.

And Aikman was a fart better decision maker. Its more than choking. He may be more athletic, but Aikman was a good QB. Romo is also, but Aikman was just being nice. He is just trying to defend the hometown QB.
I agree hes just had a case of homerism, he was just showing Chokmo some love.

agreed.
Drew Stanton is pissed the jets signed Tebow and is demanding a trade or release. He says he was promised the back up role a week ago and they just handed it to Tebow. Says he turned down bigger offers because he was promised the back up position with the jets.

I would be pissed if I were him too. But nobody will give up a pick for him, so he is screwed I think.

New proposed rules/changes for discussion at the NFL Owner Meetings March 26-28.

Bills have proposed that replay official in the booth will make all decisions on instant replay.
Steelers have proposed modification for the horse-collar tackle rule, removing exception for quarterback inside the pocket.
Steelers have proposed that postseason overtime rule be used in regular season also.
Competition Committee proposed adoption of college rule for too many men on the field.
Competition Committee proposes including some defensive players within protection against helmet-to-helmet hits.
Competition Committee proposes 2-week delay of trading deadline and 90-player offseason roster
Competition Committee proposes moving final cutdown from Saturday to Friday, given that Week One starts on a Wednesday.
Competition Committee proposes significant change to injured reserve rules, allowing players to return in same season injured
Competition Committee proposed one roster exemption per team for a player with a concussion.

Jets traded Stanton to the Colts.

And I like the replay official in the booth making all the calls. If they're gonna up the challenges, they should just put a qualified guy in the booth, and have him send the call down to the field, like college. With all the technology they have now, it'll be quicker and more efficient than how they did it back in the day. By the time the ref makes it to the booth, the call will be made.

And I like the replay official in the booth making all the calls. If they're gonna up the challenges, they should just put a qualified guy in the booth, and have him send the call down to the field, like college. With all the technology they have now, it'll be quicker and more efficient than how they did it back in the day. By the time the ref makes it to the booth, the call will be made.

i like the proposed rule change that would allow a player on i.r. to come back later in season..i never understood why a guy who gets healthy later in the season couldnt play--baseball with a 21 day disable list makes more sense

I saw that and giggled. Oh wel. Good for him, avoids the Quinn role.

Originally posted by HessianDud:

agreed.

Lol, stupid iPad
Avery to the colts and not on the rams

agreed.

Lol, stupid iPad

No, it was a fair assessment. Better than Romo though. But a fart.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

agreed.

Lol, stupid iPad

No, it was a fair assessment. Better than Romo though. But a fart.

Disagree. I think they are different QBs with different styles, but Romo is the superior talent. Aikman had perhaps the best supporting cast in NFL history.

Although I do agree that he is a fart.
EAGLES STILL TRYING TO TRADE ASANT SAMUEL

The question is whether any team would give up anything of value for him. At age 31 and with a contract that calls for him to be paid $9.5 million this season, Samuel won't be a hot commodity, even though he is coming off a season in which he started 14 games. Last year the Eagles came close to a deal with the Lions for Samuel, but this year the Lions may not have the cap space to take on Samuel's contract.

from pro football talk
Share 49ersWebzone