There are 249 users in the forums

My Theory: Manning to Titans/Hasselbeck to 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
[ Edited by TJA85 on Mar 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I admit I wasn't on the Alex Smith bandwagon till this year, he improved greatly under Harbaugh, and should take another leap forward with WR upgrades. He is better than anything available except Peyton Manning and signing Manning would be risky because of his health. Seems most Smith haters other than me have turned a blind eye to his huge improvement he showed in 2011.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
I am in no way saying for us to get Hassleback. I'm just saying if we had a better more consistent QB. We would be defending a Super Bowl Championship next year.

Yes, it had nothing to do with some unforeseen turnovers, or s**t talent at WR, it's all Alex's fault.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
I am in no way saying for us to get Hassleback. I'm just saying if we had a better more consistent QB. We would be defending a Super Bowl Championship next year.

Yes, it had nothing to do with some unforeseen turnovers, or s**t talent at WR, it's all Alex's fault.
Alex won a few games for us. The biggest one of his career against the Saints. but you honestly think Alex will be that guy that will put up 3 TD in a game more than 3 times in a season? He put us in FG range a lot and our Defense kept us in the game.

i'll take an upgrade here any time of the day! i'm no GM but why don't you think his contract isn't signed yet?
[ Edited by SoCal9ers on Mar 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM ]
I'd take Hasselbeck...but as a veteran backup. There is no way the Niners replace Alex with him. Makes no sense.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacleads:
I never understood the love some of our fans have for McNabb, Hasselbeck, and J. Johnson.

Don't forget Orton, now reduced to being Romo's backup for 3 years, and about 30 other inferior QBs the last 7 years.
  • mike
  • Veteran
I would agree if this was 2 years ago. Hasselbeck is getting up there in age and Alex is finally going to get a 2nd year in the same offense. Why start over with someone who at best is a tiny bit better and at worst a huge injury risk?

My hope is that Alex eventually takes the lowball 3 year 8m/year contract. That means we could still cut him loose 2 years in for kaepernick if necessary or give him a bigger payday in 3 years if he's evolved into a top 10 qb by then.
you make me sad.
Why in the hell would we want Hasselbeck? He makes no sense for us this year. Alex had a better year than him, is younger, more talented, etc. I understand if we replace him with Peyton(although I won't like it) but taking Hasselbeck over Alex would be full retard mode.
Originally posted by BobS:
I admit I wasn't on the Alex Smith bandwagon till this year, he improved greatly under Harbaugh, and should take another leap forward with WR upgrades. He is better than anything available except Peyton Manning and signing Manning would be risky because of his health. Seems most Smith haters other than me have turned a blind eye to his huge improvement he showed in 2011.

My Theory: Hasselbeck stays with the Titans because the Niners sign Manning.
never go full retard
No way in hell SF chooses Hasselbeck over Smith. Not gonna happen.
Share 49ersWebzone