LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
A guilty moron.
I'm not surprised.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I don't understand any of that ruling, Its sounds so contradicting , Were they found guilty of anything ? Can anyone please explain..
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by dugo:
I don't understand any of that ruling, Its sounds so contradicting , Were they found guilty of anything ? Can anyone please explain..

Basically the ruling says the team is at fault for the bounty program and the players (some more than others) went along with it

The coaches should be fined and suspended but the players suspensions were too harsh

Coaches deserved the suspensions because the DC was responsible for the program while HC knew about it didn't stop it and covered it up and lied about it
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by dugo:

Basically the ruling says the team is at fault for the bounty program and the players (some more than others) went along with it

The coaches should be fined and suspended but the players suspensions were too harsh

Coaches deserved the suspensions because the DC was responsible for the program while HC knew about it didn't stop it and covered it up and lied about it

As the defensive captain though, i think Vilma should be held just as responsible as the coaches.
f**k these dudes
Why isnt no one talking about Payton's 'legacy'? He is a f**king coward. f**ked up the team, talent and salary cap, and now decides to walk away because its too hard to build something from the bottom up. Thats some b******t. He will sit out a year, get traded to another team thats established and has a winnning QB and then will be considered a great Coach? f**k that b***h.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Why isnt no one talking about Payton's 'legacy'? He is a f**king coward. f**ked up the team, talent and salary cap, and now decides to walk away because its too hard to build something from the bottom up. Thats some b******t. He will sit out a year, get traded to another team thats established and has a winnning QB and then will be considered a great Coach? f**k that b***h.

This is what I was thinking, he's turned that franchise into a dumpster fire, is walking away rather than fix his mess and everyone is in mourning.
Yea I dislike him and how he left the saints in shambles as well. Media is focusing on only the good history with the storybook (some would say gifted) Super Bowl to New Orleans after the hurricane. Then no coverage of bountygate or the fact the saints are in salary cap hell with an overpaid scrub at quarterback setting the team back 5 years.

he is a good offensive coach obviously isnt great at roster construction

not sure whose fault it is they are 60+ million over the cap and still dont have that much talent/depth

Good, never liked the Saints after this bounty crap.
Originally posted by Buchy:

This is what I was thinking, he's turned that franchise into a dumpster fire, is walking away rather than fix his mess and everyone is in mourning.

Lolwut. That franchise was a joke before he took over and got them a SB and had them as a perennial playoff team for the past 15 years. He had 1 year left on his contract anyways. Let's not act like he's the first coach to want to take a year off.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jan 26, 2022 at 8:09 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Lolwut. That franchise was a joke before he took over and got them a SB and had them as a perennial playoff team for the past 15 years. He had 1 year left on his contract anyways. Let's not act like he's the first coach to want to take a year off.

He'll take a year off then be coaching the Cowboys in 2023.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

He'll take a year off then be coaching the Cowboys in 2023.

as long as he doesnt go to the vikings with cook and jefferson there

I thought his legacy was helping inspire the city through Katrina and signing Drew Brees and winning the Bowl with the Aints?
Share 49ersWebzone