There are 427 users in the forums

Patriots lost the super bowl, is better for 49ers legends

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

The greatness of our legends are safe now more than ever.

As for our current team, this Superbowl HAS to leave a nasty, bitter taste.

Let's lick our wounds and move on now. The 2011-2012 season is now over. Let's revamp this dynasty.

I wish the season started tomorrow.

what "wounds"...we went 6-10 last year, hired an entire new coaching staff, and had no offseason to prepare. I think everyone was prepared to win 5-6 games at best this year, and we ended up 13-3 and hosting the NFC Title game.

how short-sighted can some of you be...I know it sucks losing, especially when we had it won, but the best is definitely yet to come for this era of 49er football. we haven't played in our last NFC Champ game. being bitter about not winning the SB in your first year after coming out of the dark ages is pretty spoiled.

at the start of 2011, if you told people "were going to win 10 games, be a wildcard, and lose in the first round", everyone wouldve been thrilled.
Montana never had a safety or threw a pick in the superbowl. Never lost one either.

Suck it, Brady fans.

And for those that say "well Tom Terrific didn't have a good supporting cast and Gronk was hurt..." Name a WR/TE not named Branch that he won a superbowl with. Face it, he hasn't been the same since they got caught cheating and his clutch kicker left.
thread is so sad lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

The greatness of our legends are safe now more than ever.

As for our current team, this Superbowl HAS to leave a nasty, bitter taste.

Let's lick our wounds and move on now. The 2011-2012 season is now over. Let's revamp this dynasty.

I wish the season started tomorrow.

what "wounds"...we went 6-10 last year, hired an entire new coaching staff, and had no offseason to prepare. I think everyone was prepared to win 5-6 games at best this year, and we ended up 13-3 and hosting the NFC Title game.

how short-sighted can some of you be...I know it sucks losing, especially when we had it won, but the best is definitely yet to come for this era of 49er football. we haven't played in our last NFC Champ game. being bitter about not winning the SB in your first year after coming out of the dark ages is pretty spoiled.

at the start of 2011, if you told people "were going to win 10 games, be a wildcard, and lose in the first round", everyone wouldve been thrilled.

What Wounds? Are you kidding me? Pride and emotions are relative, my friend, I understand the circumstances (e.g., 10 years of awful football, the lockout, a rookie headcoach, etc.), placed success as an uphill battle for our 49ers, but once the post-season began, all of that became moot.

We had the element of surprise, we had the motivational underpinnings constantly being disrespected as the underdog, we had the best overall team chemistry out of all 32 teams, we had solid personnel, minus a receiving core, all around (from core players to role players, to assistant coaching), and most importantly, the parallels of 1981 seemed to be at the corner of every step we took.

Did we overachieve? yes,

But did we have a REALISTIC shot of winning it ALL THIS YEAR?

DAMN RIGHT WE DID! And if that makes me spoiled, so be it. All I know is, it hurts that we didn't completely finish the amazing Cinderella season. I'm thankful, but, as a 49er, knowing our tradition, I'm hungry for more. We aren't the Browns or the Bengals or the Bills, where moral victories and "almost did it" are accepted, we are the San Francisco 49ers.

Those are the "wounds" I am referring to.
Share 49ersWebzone