There are 165 users in the forums

Patriots lost the super bowl, is better for 49ers legends

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
We should be Superbowl champs right now.

This times a thousand. Im still so f**ked up about this season and Ive been faithful through all the GB, Dallas, and NY, conf. Championship losses.

We could've easily been the team the whole world would've been watching in this game.

Agree
Welker cost Brady this game and it took a miracle catch to beat the patriots the first time. Brady is the GOAT in my eyes
Originally posted by valrod33:
Welker cost Brady this game and it took a miracle catch to beat the patriots the first time. Brady is the GOAT in my eyes

Vinateri is the GOAT
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

The greatness of our legends are safe now more than ever.

As for our current team, this Superbowl HAS to leave a nasty, bitter taste.

Let's lick our wounds and move on now. The 2011-2012 season is now over. Let's revamp this dynasty.

I wish the season started tomorrow.

EXACTLY! this game was bittersweet, I didn't want Brady to surpass Montana, but there's no doubt in my mind that our Niners could have taken it to the Patriots today... oh well, bring on the new season!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

This. And it wouldn't have even been that close.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Vinateri is the GOAT

he didn't get in position to kick those FGs himself
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Both these teams looked bad today, i didnt see big hits, i didnt see huge plays. Nothing really superbowl esque. I think even the media and nation will forget this super bowl quickly.

Just sucks knowing how well Harbaugh would of had our guys prepared to play any AFC team and out physical them and dominate them. f**king Kyle WIlliams

Um, are you sure you were watching the same game? Patrick Chung gave Hakeem Nicks a hit that he will always remember.
Originally posted by gage:
This. All season they've been clutch, but they buckled under the pressure.

just goes to show how one guy can mess it up for the whole team... sounds familiar for some reason....
  • Veteran

How is he the greatest of all times? Can you explain please.
if Gronkowski was100 %--the pats probably win--but injuries are part of the game.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Both these teams looked bad today, i didnt see big hits, i didnt see huge plays. Nothing really superbowl esque. I think even the media and nation will forget this super bowl quickly.

Just sucks knowing how well Harbaugh would of had our guys prepared to play any AFC team and out physical them and dominate them. f**king Kyle WIlliams

i think the coach made some bad decisions... not just kyles fault. harbaugh had alex go off in saints game. Not against NY, playcalling was soft. Also to have basically a rookie playing in that crucial situation isnt the best idea. Not to mention alex did nothing to be commended for in 4th or ot
[ Edited by fan49 on Feb 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by 190836:

No, not to 49er fans. Nothing I can say will change your mind but in my mind I'd rather Brady over Montana and day of the week.

This & the comparisons
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Positives:

* Brady will never go down as the GOAT. Montana forever the greatest 4-0 Super Bowl Champion.

* Brady not scoring any more than Alex Smith against the Giants (17 points) makes us look even better, especially considering a greatly inferior cast.

Negatives:

* Gives us even more reason to believe we would be Super Bowl champs, and causes even more disgust over Kyle Williams destroying everything.

I agree with those.
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:

No, not to 49er fans. Nothing I can say will change your mind but in my mind I'd rather Brady over Montana and day of the week.

Then you would lose two superbowls
Share 49ersWebzone