• Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
he deserved to win

This.

Stafford:
2010 3 games, 535 yards, 6 TD's, 1 INT, then on IR.
2011 16 games, 5038 yards, 41 TD's, 16 INT's.

D'Qwell Jackson got second place, then Alex.

Im all for being a homer and wanted our guys to win awards but you gotta give props when they are due.

Yep. At least Harbaugh won, that was bigger to me.

Anybody who didnt vote for JH on COY should be publicly flogged.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
5k yards, 41 tds, 97.2 rating is overrated, lmao

i know right lol

Dude he throws the ball 50 times a game and has megatron

Shaun hill stats for the lions last year: 2500 yards 15 Tds 62 completion percentage in 9 healthy games

Stafford = overrated and overpaid, injury prone
He is a barely above average QB who throws more than every qb in the nfl, with a cannon arm and megatron
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM ]
Yeah and Alex Smith could only win when he had an unbelievable defense and he didn't start connecting with Vernon Davis until the final games of the season. Even in years where we had a great running game and solid O-line Smith was barely able to throw over 3,000 yards. Don't you think Vernon Davis should have been putting better numbers? I like Alex but Stafford had the better year and his numbers may have been inflated cause they had no defense and no running but his performance pushed the Lions into the Playoffs; just because he has a great WR doesn't mean he'll produce, Brandon Lloyd never produced here like he did in Denver.

It's one to be a Homer it's another to be absolutely blind by hate or distaste for another team and player.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aguirre86:
Yeah and Alex Smith could only win when he had an unbelievable defense and he didn't start connecting with Vernon Davis until the final games of the season. Even in years where we had a great running game and solid O-line Smith was barely able to throw over 3,000 yards. Don't you think Vernon Davis should have been putting better numbers? I like Alex but Stafford had the better year and his numbers may have been inflated cause they had no defense and no running but his performance pushed the Lions into the Playoffs; just because he has a great WR doesn't mean he'll produce, Brandon Lloyd never produced here like he did in Denver.

It's one to be a Homer it's another to be absolutely blind by hate or distaste for another team and player.

I'm not trying to say Alex is better of Stafford doesn't deserve the reward at all

But the dude was getting booed by his own fans, he was injured multiple times, he was benched for Troy Smith, thrown under the bus, labeled a bust and then he's the QB of a 13-3 team, 91 passer rating, least INTs in the NFL, put the team on his back in the post season and drives twice down the field for one of the greatest endings in NFL history

That is why I think he deserves the award.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
5k yards, 41 tds, 97.2 rating is overrated, lmao

i know right lol

Dude he throws the ball 50 times a game and has megatron

Shaun hill stats for the lions last year: 2500 yards 15 Tds 62 completion percentage in 9 healthy games

Stafford = overrated and overpaid, injury prone
He is a barely above average QB who throws more than every qb in the nfl, with a cannon arm and megatron

He throws the ball 50 times because he's a huge part of their entire offense, there's nothing negative about that. Take away our run game then see what kind of stats Alex puts up.

Having to throw 50 times a game is a testament to how well he played, considering when teams don't have to worry about a run game they can blitz more and generally gameplan to stop the pass on every down.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aguirre86:

I'm not trying to say Alex is better of Stafford doesn't deserve the reward at all

But the dude was getting booed by his own fans, he was injured multiple times, he was benched for Troy Smith, thrown under the bus, labeled a bust and then he's the QB of a 13-3 team, 91 passer rating, least INTs in the NFL, put the team on his back in the post season and drives twice down the field for one of the greatest endings in NFL history

That is why I think he deserves the award.
I don't think postseason is factored in. Otherwise I'd agree. But this is a stats league when it comes to awards and so 2000 yds and twice as many Tds is going to take the award.
Dude deserved it. Serious injury and only played 3 games the year before
I don't care what anyone says, an average QB doesn't do what Stafford did this year even if he has Megatron.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Stafford deserved it, I won't argue this one.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I don't care what anyone says, an average QB doesn't do what Stafford did this year even if he has Megatron.

Seriously. Put Alex on the Lions and he might have 3500 yards and 25 TD's.

Dude is for real.

ya staffrd also deserved to win it not a big deal

as for stafford overrated

he is an above avergae qb who puts up huge numbers because of megatron

if he was on any other team he would be maybe just above average at best
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude, a QB can't just win comeback player of the year award for not throwing INT's.. U gotta throw TD's, s**t tons of them.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Dude is for real.

Shaun Hill was played 9 healthy games last year and had 2500 yards and 16 Tds in those 9 games. Still think Stafford is very overrated, inaccurate, injury prone and overpaid

I'm not saying he sucks, he's above average but he's very overrated..
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM ]
Shaun Hill was played 9 healthy games last year and had 2500 yards and 16 Tds in those 9 games. Still think Stafford is very overrated, inaccurate, injury prone and overpaid

Shaun Hill can put the same stats Alex put up too. It's not a team award it's individual.

Dude is for real.

Calvin Johnson helps.
Share 49ersWebzone