There are 205 users in the forums

The Rams will host the NFL game in London for the next 3 years!

Shop 49ers game tickets
It will reportedly be the New England Patriots vs. the St. Louis Rams in 2012.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Rams-will-play-Patriots-in-12-London-game.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

@STLouisRams: The NFL has selected the Rams as the home team for a game in London in each of the next three seasons.

@gregaiello: Just announced: Rams to host a regular-season game in UK in each of next 3 seasons...face Patriots @ Wembley next October 28.

@AlbertBreer: Hard not to note this: The Rams' 3-year agreement coincides with the three years running up to the out in their lease in St. Louis.

@AlbertBreer: Rams can leave St. Louis after 2014 if they aren't playing in a "state of the art" facility, or have one planned, by then, per their lease.

@AlbertBreer: That means that, by the end of the 2014 season, dome will have to be renovated or new stadium planned to ensure the Rams stay in St. Louis.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM ]
I messed up. Please move to NFL Talk!

Nice, against the Pats too. Any way for them to lose or have a disadvantage is good news. Now lets hope we dont get one of those games for the additional travel.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Looks like this could be another step to moving a team to London. Is the NFL brand big enough to support a team overseas?
I hope we aren't included in that mess
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason McIntyre @TheBigLead

The NFL has been using the threat of LA to get favorable stadium deals; now, the NFL is using London bit.ly/yEpC9j [by @JasonLisk]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
good. make the sorry ass Rams travel as much as possible.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Looks like this could be another step to moving a team to London. Is the NFL brand big enough to support a team overseas?

I don't think a franchise in London would work at all, and the current set up of one game each season is perfect. The NFL brand is big over here, and growing all the time, but the vast majority of UK football fans already support a team and there's no way that they would switch allegiances to the London team.
The Rams will move back to LA
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The NFL would only do this to help the Rams build a fan base in London for an eventual move.

When the Rams leave the NFC West, they will likely enter one of the East divisions. Who replaces the Rams in our division?

The Cowboys are the western most team in an east division. But I can't see the NFL breaking up their Giants/Redskins/Eagles rivalries.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this is fkn retarded.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
I hope we aren't included in that mess

Eh, we wouldn't be losing a home game. And if it's juxtaposed to a bye week, it's no big whoop.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

i really hope so. i used to love the rivalry down here.
No, not the Rams!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

I hope so because it will make the travel a bit easier on niners.
Share 49ersWebzone