There are 218 users in the forums

Falcons hire Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

Worst decision ever.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
As long as he's been coaching I think he can probably coach a 4-3 defense. Its not like you only learn one way of doing things.
Ron Rivera ran a dominant 4-3 in Chicago then ran a very good 3-4 in San Diego.

Didn't he run a 4-3 when we fired Billy Davis in 06?

The hybrid scheme Nolan and Davis ran is what got Davis fired.

Yeah they were still in the transition period. Anthony Adams was still starting at NT.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'll actually be rooting for him, well not him specifically, since I strongly dislike him for what he did to Alex, but it would be nice for the Saints to face some semblance of defense in their division. And Atl having a strong D wouldn't scare me, since Ryan is probably the most overrated QB in the league and has been awful in all 3 of his postseason games.
I wonder how Nolan is gonna gameplan for our offense. I still give him props for building the foundation of our team. Does he still hold a grudge for getting fired? Good storyline for this game imo
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Vernon Davis should have a big game against his defense, they left the TE Zach Miller open all day.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Vernon Davis should have a big game against his defense, they left the TE Zach Miller open all day.

HAHA you would think so, but Roman seems to have a hard on for stone hands Delanie Walker. I really wish they would finally bite the bullet and realize he's a terrible catcher. Quit trying to redeem him, now is not the time.

I'd rather see Celek catching passes downfield than Walker at this point. Vernon Davis would still be my first choice, of course.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Worst decision ever.

or worst judgement of whether something is just a photoshop fake?
I want to beat Nolan so bad. We need to pay him back for those wasted years.

Amoeba defense and bend but dont break is gonna get beat up
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Worst decision ever.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Amoeba defense and bend but dont break is gonna get beat up

Sure hope so! Vernon Davis should have a big day!
Originally posted by Niners99:

The fact that Nolan brought in Willis, Gore, Staley, J. Smith, and Goldston tells me his best intentions were at heart. It's not his fault Alex Smith is a terrible starting quarterback.
If Nolan devises a superb gameplan and he winds up stopping CK7 and the Niner offense in a Falcon win -- he suddenly shoots to the top of the list for coaching vacancies.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Niners99:

The fact that Nolan brought in Willis, Gore, Staley, J. Smith, and Goldston tells me his best intentions were at heart. It's not his fault Alex Smith is a terrible starting quarterback.

Nolan and Sing both seemed to have a good eye for talent. But sucked at coaching that talent.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

This again? Oh dear LAAAWWWD!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone