There are 169 users in the forums

Falcons hire Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Good hire for them.

No matter how you knock Nolan, dude is an excellent DC.

Not Excellent DC, but solid, way better than someone like Rob Ryan (who gets a lot of hype) Manusky, etc.
^^ I see what you did there, lulz
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Not Excellent DC, but solid, way better than someone like Rob Ryan (who gets a lot of hype) Manusky, etc.
What's so bad about Rob Ryan? Did a good job with the Browns and does a relatively good one in Dallas...The Boys need some new CBs.
I still think Nolan gets another crack at being an HC somewhere. I really do. He was woefully underprepared for his first go-round, but experience does strange things to people (it makes them better).

I still think offensive-minded coaches make better HC's -- but that's just personal preference. There have been more than a few defensive minded coaches who have done well in the top spot.

Imagine if nobody had given Belichick another shot after compiling a less than stellar record with the Brownies? I believe he was 5-11 in his final season there.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Damn. I was looking forward to watching Alex extract revenge on Nolan by torching the Dolphins defense in '12. Oh, well...
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
What's so bad about Rob Ryan? Did a good job with the Browns and does a relatively good one in Dallas...The Boys need some new CBs.

Rob ryan is known cause of his bro Rex, dad buddy. Best he ever got cleveland defense was maybe 18 or so. cowboys defense got worse as the season went along. his "motion defense " allows guys get out of place and open big gaps, big plays.
good hire

that D f**kin blows
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
I still think Nolan gets another crack at being an HC somewhere. I really do. He was woefully underprepared for his first go-round, but experience does strange things to people (it makes them better).

I still think offensive-minded coaches make better HC's -- but that's just personal preference. There have been more than a few defensive minded coaches who have done well in the top spot.

Imagine if nobody had given Belichick another shot after compiling a less than stellar record with the Brownies? I believe he was 5-11 in his final season there.

Sometimes, that is not an absolute.
Originally posted by Jcool:
John Clayton @ClaytonESPN

There is no guarantee the Falcons will switch to a 3-4. They have 4-3 talent and it might be a tough conversion.

At the very least, Nolan will probably add some 3-4 elements to the Falcons defense. I can definitely see Abraham and Biermann being much more effective standing up in certain situations.

Maybe we can trade Parys to them
Originally posted by jreff22:

for a 7th rounder
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by jreff22:

for a 7th rounder

I think he would catch a 5th or a 6th...I would do it for a 5th as long as we draft another kid this year
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jay Glazer @JayGlazer

The Falcons have hired Mike Nolan as their new defensive coord. Solid, solid hire

good hire
Too bad we dont play them next year so alex can tear his defense apart
Share 49ersWebzone