LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Todd Haley feared that his phones were bugged

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Looking up toward the ceiling, he [Todd Haley] darted into a back hallway before hesitating. Then he turned around, going back through a door and stopping again. Haley suspected that many rooms at the team facility were bugged so that team administrators could monitor employees' conversations. Stopping finally in a conference room, Haley said he believed his personal cellphone, a line he used before being hired by the Chiefs in 2009, had been tampered with.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/01/15/todd-haley-feared-that-his-phones-were-bugged-when-he-was-chiefs-coach/

Among the other highlights, an undisputed story about Pioli leaving a candy wrapper (no word on the variety) in a back stairwell and seeing how long until someone picked it up. After a week, Pioli had the wrapper placed in a bag and shown at a meeting to demonstrate the lack of detail that pervaded the building. "A great teaching moment" according to team president Mark Donovan. Also from Donovan, when discussing whether the Chiefs bugged phones in the building to monitor employees: "I'm not going to say that we've never done it, but it's not something we do. It's not how we operate this business."
l
I would hate to work for a guy like Scott Pioli, man is a control freak.
Stoney said the Colts brought in all this CIA-style equipment to sweep the Raiders road locker room for bugs too

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/161871-intense-breakdown-locker-halftime-former-nfl-lineman-stoney/page2/
Holy s**t.. haha

"when discussing whether the Chiefs bugged phones in the building to monitor employees: "I'm not going to say that we've never done it,""

No wonder they didnt get along... geesh.
Wow, they've bugged phones before! That's nuts!
that's what happens when you smoke that shiet...
Originally posted by YungAce:

Still cracks me up.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Arrowgate - Imagine if Pioli got sent to prison over this lol.

Originally posted by sfout:

If he's right, people won't simply lose their jobs; they'll possibly land in jail, and for good reason.

The allegation is so inherently troublesome that we think the league should launch an immediate investigation. This is a far bigger issue than brazenly videotaping defensive coaching signals during games, the foundation of the "Spygate" scandal in New England. If Haley is right, the Chiefs have been violating state and federal law in the name of truly spying on their employees.

That's why accusations of this nature shouldn't be tossed around recklessly.

We'll give Haley the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's not embellishing, exaggerating, and/or fabricating. If the league reacts the same way, the investigation will have already begun.
Originally posted by jreff22:

If he's right, people won't simply lose their jobs; they'll possibly land in jail, and for good reason.

The allegation is so inherently troublesome that we think the league should launch an immediate investigation. This is a far bigger issue than brazenly videotaping defensive coaching signals during games, the foundation of the "Spygate" scandal in New England. If Haley is right, the Chiefs have been violating state and federal law in the name of truly spying on their employees.

We'll give Haley the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's not embellishing, exaggerating, and/or fabricating. If the league reacts the same way, the investigation will have already begun.

Is jreff22 mike florio?
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

Is jreff22 mike florio?

lol, that sounded pretty official.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by Youngone:

Is jreff22 mike florio?

lol, that sounded pretty official.

zomg Jreff22 = mike florio!!! Hopefully Haley doesn't look like an idiot and something comes of it but wow.....bugging your employees? thats insane.
  • mod
  • Veteran
My mom would pull that b******t too about leaving stuff on the stairs. I would watch her set down a plate on the first few steps and then she'd walk away.

Of course I thought it was weird but she was the one who put it there so I'm not gonna pick it up... a couple days later she rounds my brother and I up and gives us a bunch of s**t about how we never pick anything up and just leave things on the ground That was one of the first examples of a woman's illogical thought process I ever experienced.
Share 49ersWebzone